Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

photobucket dump

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

photobucket dump

Postby saddlesore » 07 07, 2017 •  [Post 1]

Now that Photobucket blocks 3rd party photo posting, what is goingto happen on this forum?
saddlesore
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Re: photobucket dump

Postby Elkduds » 07 07, 2017 •  [Post 2]

How to Post Pics in your Posts

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 08 11, 2016 • [Post 1]

How to upload and post pics: When you're in your post, click "upload attachment" on the bottom. Then "browse". When the "choose file to upload" screen pops up, just find the file/attachment you're trying to upload and click "open". Then, click "add the file". That takes a bit to load and you'll see the file name appear, then, select/click "place inline". The link to the image should be seen in your post now. After that, you can either select "preview" to see what you have, or, just click "submit". If the file/image fails to load, it's probably too large (see below).

How to resize: Pics need to be a maximum of 800X600 pixels. Sometimes our digital cameras, smart phones, even trail cams produce a picture larger than 800X600. The easiest way I've found to resize images is to save the images (pics) to computer desktop then open the pics in MS Paint (right click on image and select "open with MS paint"). Once image opens in paint, click "resize" on top left. When the box opens up, select the pixels circle, then use the horizontal and vertical boxes to enter maximum 800 X 600 pixels. Sometimes, you need to uncheck the "maintain aspect ratio" to make the pictures come out looking right. Just gotta play with it a bit. Once done, just click save on top left and your pics should be resized and good to go to upload.

We love pictures here. Happy pic posting :D.. RJ
Elkduds

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Scott

Postby Lefty » 07 07, 2017 •  [Post 3]

Well said Dubs!!!

My wife put a free app on her phone to resize pics. I haven't had a problem posting pics from my phone
Lefty

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby saddlesore » 07 08, 2017 •  [Post 4]

Thanks,I didn't know that.Can this be put as a sticky at the top of this forum?
saddlesore

Postby Elkduds » 07 08, 2017 •  [Post 5]

It is currently the 2nd sticky on top of WT elk hunting forum.
Elkduds

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Scott