Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Hello From Manitoba!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Hello From Manitoba!

Postby Jbuff » 07 10, 2017 •  [Post 1]

New member here saying hi!

This will be my third year bowhunting (hopefully - draw results don't come out until early August up here). After my first encounter with a bull coming in raking trees and snorting I knew I would do this every year for the rest of my life (didn't get a shot at him, or any other elk yet... but I will!).

Hunting up here is a little different than in the mountains. The land is so flat that you can watch your dog run away for a week! Populations aren't great and the elk that are left tend to be pretty quiet, largely due to First Nations harvester pressure but that's a different conversation altogether.

Anyway... I'm sure I'll have lots of questions for you guys. I've already learned a ton from lurking!

Cheers... Jared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jbuff

Re: Hello From Manitoba!

Postby Swede » 07 10, 2017 •  [Post 2]

Jared, it is good to have another Canadian in camp. I liked your explanation on how open your hunting area is. We hunt some open country and some that is so closed in you are in new country every ten steps, and it took you fifteen minutes to get there.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 07 10, 2017 •  [Post 3]

Welcome aboard Jared, glad to have you at our campfire.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Sask hunter » 07 11, 2017 •  [Post 4]

Good to see another fellow Canuck here
Sask hunter

Postby Trumkin the Dwarf » 07 15, 2017 •  [Post 5]

Welcome! I've always wondered what it'd be like to hunt elk on flat ground. Someday I'm gonna do the research and try to take a desert bull with my longbow.
Trumkin the Dwarf

First Name: Malachi
Last Name: C