Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Road rage (mild obscenity)

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Road rage (mild obscenity)

Postby wawhitey » 08 30, 2017 •  [Post 1]

So if posting this isnt okay, delete it. I understand the forum has rules, but weve all heard worse words than whats on my sticker.

So nothing makes me rage more than people flicking cigarette butts out of their windows. Its disgusting. The other day i was driving through town, and some low life in front of me flicked his butt out right before pulling into a store parking lot. Although my instinct was to drag him out of his truck and smash his face into the pavement, i settled for screaming at him with some disparaging remarks, because i really dont want an assault charge on my record.

But it gave me inspiration. I got home and looked up custom bumper stickers. Had a couple dozen made up. Next time i see some scumbag do that, ill follow them until they get out of their car, wait until theyre out of sight, and slap one of these bad boys right on the paint of their tailgate or trunk. Hopefully theyll drive around with it for a while before noticing.

20170830_120326-800x600.jpg
20170830_120326-800x600.jpg (175.85 KiB) Viewed 4262 times
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Re: Road rage (mild obscenity)

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 08 30, 2017 •  [Post 2]

I'm with you 110%! Nothing drives me crazier. Gee, guess how a vast majority of road side brush fires and even forest fires start?
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby wawhitey » 08 30, 2017 •  [Post 3]

Okay, minor editing of the pic is a good compromise :D
wawhitey

Postby RAMMONT » 08 30, 2017 •  [Post 4]

Nothing irritates me more than people that think that they have a right to force everybody else to conform to their rules.
RAMMONT

Postby wawhitey » 08 30, 2017 •  [Post 5]

RAMMONT wrote:Nothing irritates me more than people that think that they have a right to force everybody else to conform to their rules.

Its societies rule. And a law. And for good reason. Throwing trash out of your vehicle is absolurely unacceptabe. Doubly so if its on fire. No halfway civilized human being can defend throwing flaming garbage from your vehicle. People who do so are scum of the earth. And i will treat them as such.
wawhitey

Postby Lefty » 08 30, 2017 •  [Post 6]

WA I really appreciate your efforts and dedication to the cause.
Just be smart and safe about your methods!!

One of my pet-peeves if guys bushwacking with ATVs for kicks or an over 50 inch ORV tearing up 50 and under trails.

My wife wasnt very tactful when some fellows with beers in hand, obviously under the influence and she starts chewing them out.

She didn't quite get that 4 drunks maybe wouldn't care for some lady giving them the riot act.

A friend of my father in laws wouldnt pick up butts on base when in the military. after a few extended KP duties the officers gave him a break
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Elkhntr08 » 08 31, 2017 •  [Post 7]

Don't get caught, you could be doing thousands in damage to the paint or blamed for other damage. I agree with you, a lot of slobs on the road. They close the door and they're in their own world, to hell with anybody else. One guy around here put a sign up in his yard, if you want to throw out trash do it in your own yard.
Elkhntr08

Postby RAMMONT » 08 31, 2017 •  [Post 8]

There is a difference between reporting someone for violating the law and vandalizing their property. You sanctimonious people haven't got the balls to confront the person in a civilized manner but you have no problem with sneaking behind their back and destroying their property. You come right out and say you don't want to get in trouble for assault but you aren't smart enough to see that your way opens you up to harassment, vandalism, and road rage charges. You want to tell me that littering is against the law but I'll take one fine for a misdemeanor vs. jail time for three felonies.

Grow a pair and walk up to the guy and tell him that he's violating the law and do it in a civilized way, he might surprise you by accepting your criticism and changing his ways, on the other hand he might get mouthy and aggressive in which case you can take it to the legal system.
RAMMONT

Postby pointysticks » 08 31, 2017 •  [Post 9]

whats grosser and more annoying than the butt-flicker? is that guy that dumps his entire car's ashtray in his parking spot. all lowkeyed, held low below the door line so nobody sees..

it is an awful mess (seeing a pile of them) like that.

man..i wouldnt stick a bumper sticker on anyone's car. road rage at any level just isnt worth my time..and it never helps. you yourself never even feels better about it.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby Roosiebull » 08 31, 2017 •  [Post 10]

RAMMONT wrote:There is a difference between reporting someone for violating the law and vandalizing their property. You sanctimonious people haven't got the balls to confront the person in a civilized manner but you have no problem with sneaking behind their back and destroying their property. You come right out and say you don't want to get in trouble for assault but you aren't smart enough to see that your way opens you up to harassment, vandalism, and road rage charges. You want to tell me that littering is against the law but I'll take one fine for a misdemeanor vs. jail time for three felonies.

Grow a pair and walk up to the guy and tell him that he's violating the law and do it in a civilized way, he might surprise you by accepting your criticism and changing his ways, on the other hand he might get mouthy and aggressive in which case you can take it to the legal system.

do you flick butts out your window or something?

I don't think a sticker will cause thousands in property damage. I despise littering, and cig butts are an even more offensive type of littering, knowing they do it every day in several locations most likely.
Roosiebull

Postby lamrith » 09 01, 2017 •  [Post 11]

Decal on paint def can cause damage. try magnetic instead.
'15 Elite E35. 30.5", 67#
100Gr. G5 montecs
Sportsman's Vital Impact 300spine

http://www.pelletpeddler.com
lamrith

First Name: Larry