Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Priorities

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Priorities

Postby Swede » 10 07, 2017 •  [Post 1]

Sometimes we plan out things and something just seem to take control. Sometimes it is all like a bad dream. We wake up one day and see life has changed. I think this could have happened to one of out most faithful contributors to our campfire. One day RJ went hunting, but that came to an end. When he returned home he was looking at a new job and new responsibilities. I have observed that RJ is no slacker and takes responsibility seriously, but I want to talk about priorities here.
We can all sleep well tonight just knowing we are safe from attack. RJ takes his new job very seriously. Be can be assured the United States Army is much better off with RJ going around with his clipboard in hand and monitoring everything that is going on at Fort Lewis/McChord.
The problem, I believe, is RJ is in such a state of shock about his new job he is disoriented and neglecting the weighty matter of poking sticks in the W.T. campfire. It is like he has been reassigned to important posts like Tahiti or Acapulco.
What do the brains on the forum think it will take to get RJ to snap out of his? Lets all give RJ a shout out and see if we can get him back to his old self. RJ, Buddy you do not need to stand in for the entire army all by yourself. Let someone else have a turn at watching the skies for foreign bombers.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: Priorities

Postby Lefty » 10 07, 2017 •  [Post 2]

Job stress can sure mess up and force the hand on what becomes important.

Keep up the good work RJ
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 10 07, 2017 •  [Post 3]

"Stress". It is RJ's job to give people stress. He is not supposed to take it on himself. Giving stress to others is what managers are supposed to do. RJ is looking for the sick, lame, lazy, slackers, incompetents, and general nincompoops. Once he gives them the evil eye, there should be some stress around the fort. :D
Swede

Postby Grousewit » 10 08, 2017 •  [Post 4]

RJ, Sounds like a long time ago when I first started being a manager and was always getting good marks but looking really worn out at the end of the day. The Plant Manager pulled me in his office and told me "Your killing yourself, you got to DELEGATE more responsibility to your supervisors ". Just a tip that worked for me in my past 45 yrs of employment. Hope it might help.
62 yr old Hunter/Trapper/Shooter
Grousewit

Postby Roosiebull » 10 08, 2017 •  [Post 5]

maybe we should congregate at his house, sneak in the garage, all write a small message with our name......on BIG RED :D

you know, like a get well soon card but cooler.
Roosiebull

Postby Lefty » 10 08, 2017 •  [Post 6]

Roosiebull wrote:maybe we should congregate at his house, sneak in the garage, all write a small message with our name......on BIG RED :D

Never mess with a mans kids , dog or car!!
Lefty

Postby Grousewit » 10 08, 2017 •  [Post 7]

Roosiebull wrote:maybe we should congregate at his house, sneak in the garage, all write a small message with our name......on BIG RED :D

Count me in. Leaving PA Tuesday. You in Tigger?
Grousewit

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 10 08, 2017 •  [Post 8]

Leave the Chevy out of this! Yep, the new position is more than busy and I have a lot to learn to be up to what I believe is an acceptable/proficient level. As far as delegating responsibilities and empowering my employees? Although the powers that be are talking about giving me an assistant, at this point in time it's only me, myself, and I... but that's a team of three, right? ;) I'll get it together and get back to my old self on the forum once things settle down a bit... somebody has got to keep you rascals in check.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Swede » 10 08, 2017 •  [Post 9]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:Leave the Chevy out of this!

"you rascals"

I don't know why, but based on the quotes above I have the feeling RJ is wise to us. I think it is time to talk in code. The "Chevy" is now referred to as the "Mudder".
Swede

Postby >>>---WW----> » 10 09, 2017 •  [Post 10]

What am I missing here? Wasn't it just about a month ago that he was contemplating retirement??? I wonder if they put him in charge of the new secret Darton Arrow guided missile program.
>>>---WW---->

Postby Tigger » 10 09, 2017 •  [Post 11]

Heck yes, I am in! I just got a tip that there is some pretty good wood grain paneling on an old Ford Pinto at the local junkyard. I think I can get it pretty cheap. Actually, cost doesn't matter when it comes to cheering our boy RJ up! Whatever that paneling costs, I am gonna get it for his beloved Dodge. Or Chevy. Or Ford. Or Yugo. Or whatever that car of his is.

Grousewit, you are bringing the glue gun and the glitter, right?

On my walk this morning I saw an SUV with a rack on top to carry the spare tire. That rack would look pretty cool on Big Red too and PRACTICAL also!

All my best RJ!
Tigger

Postby Grousewit » 10 09, 2017 •  [Post 12]

Its not glitter when I had the 71 Mach redone they called it metalflake. I dont think its still good but i'll bring it anyway. I'll see if they still got it in calfpoop brown.
Grousewit

Postby Tigger » 10 09, 2017 •  [Post 13]

The glitter is for the dash! Stop by a dollar store on your way.
Tigger

Postby Roosiebull » 10 09, 2017 •  [Post 14]

Swede wrote:

"you rascals"

I don't know why, but based on the quotes above I have the feeling RJ is wise to us. I think it is time to talk in code. The "Chevy" is now referred to as the "Mudder".

Sounds like I should bring a couple Toyota emblems too, cover up the Chevy ones...maybe a big TRD sticker for the side?
Roosiebull

Postby Tigger » 10 09, 2017 •  [Post 15]

absolutely great idea!
Tigger

Postby lamrith » 10 09, 2017 •  [Post 16]

Roosiebull wrote:
Swede wrote:

"you rascals"

Sounds like I should bring a couple Toyota emblems too, cover up the Chevy ones...maybe a big TRD sticker for the side?

Don't forget the "R-Type" and JDM decals.
'15 Elite E35. 30.5", 67#
100Gr. G5 montecs
Sportsman's Vital Impact 300spine

http://www.pelletpeddler.com
lamrith

First Name: Larry

Postby Lefty » 10 09, 2017 •  [Post 17]

Grousewit wrote:Its not glitter when I had the 71 Mach redone they called it metalflake. I dont think its still good but i'll bring it anyway. I'll see if they still got it in calfpoop brown.

We need a pic
My brother had a 69,he kept it "stock,.. sorta.. I was the only person he ever let drive the car. The day he brought it home, and his wedding night.
Lefty

Postby Elkduds » 10 10, 2017 •  [Post 18]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:Leave the Chevy out of this! Yep, the new position is more than busy and I have a lot to learn to be up to what I believe is an acceptable/proficient level. As far as delegating responsibilities and empowering my employees? Although the powers that be are talking about giving me an assistant, at this point in time it's only me, myself, and I... but that's a team of three, right? ;) I'll get it together and get back to my old self on the forum once things settle down a bit... somebody has got to keep you rascals in check.

Everybody knows this is a strong, stable forum. It was when Paul built it, and it was when RJ took the helm. Membership here is not about throwing gasoline on every fire. RJ will get his head around his new duties soon enough, and then we will see more of him here. The mods have a handle on the day-to-day, each could do it alone but together they have us in good hands. We don't have to screw w RJ for him to know we miss him. Yeah, right :roll:
Elkduds

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Scott

Postby Swede » 10 10, 2017 •  [Post 19]

Elkduds wrote:We don't have to screw w RJ for him to know we miss him. Yeah, right

But we like to mess with RJ. I think he is taking blood pressure medicine. If so, he needs to get full value for his money. If not, we can get him on some. :D
Swede