Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

So. Cal. Members?

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

So. Cal. Members?

Postby Where's Bruce? » 10 13, 2017 •  [Post 1]

So am I the only one or are any of you other guys currently subjects here in the People's Republik of Mexifornistan? I rarely hunt my home state cuz it sucks and am always looking around for new and interesting "destination hunts" for various big game with a bow. Looking at Greenland for muskox and possibly caribou. I'm a meat hunter first and now that moose is checked off the bucket list I'm gonna refocus on elk. Eaten all my elk tags and decided I needed to take a break from chasing em this year. Probably the wrong forum for that admission but hey, I was getting frustrated. haven't settled on an elk hunt location yet but CO is out...looking at AZ or UT as the most likely for 2018. AZ if I'm drawn or OTC in UT. Or perhaps some landowner tag if I can find a reasonably priced one. Been in the elk many times but never get to full draw...kinda pissin' me off after 5 seasons. It is a kick though...especially when ya slip inside of 50 yards without getting busted. Been so close so many times...
Bowhunting isn't something I do...it is something I am.
Where's Bruce?

First Name: Bruce

Re: So. Cal. Members?

Postby Swede » 10 13, 2017 •  [Post 2]

I think we can all understand your fascination and frustration with elk. I think that is part of what keeps us in the pursuit of them. A big bull from a OTC public land area is a great trophy.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics