Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Happy Thanksgiving!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Happy Thanksgiving!

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 11 21, 2017 •  [Post 1]

"Thanksgiving Day is a national holiday celebrated in Canada, the United States, some of the Caribbean islands, and Liberia. It began as a day of giving thanks for the blessing of the harvest and of the preceding year. Similarly named festival holidays occur in Germany and Japan. Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday of October in Canada and on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States, and around the same part of the year in other places. Although Thanksgiving has historical roots in religious and cultural traditions, it has long been celebrated as a secular holiday as well."

To all you WT cats, I wish you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving ; may your bird be succulent or your roast beast be tasty!
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Postby Swede » 11 21, 2017 •  [Post 2]

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all who visit the forum.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Elkduds » 11 22, 2017 •  [Post 3]

Back at ya, Happy Thanksgiving Eve to posters, mods and the Big Guy. Enjoy the holiday, get outdoors (the grill will keep you warm), tell tall hunting tales to family and friends. I'm off w my Dad and our group of 30 years to southwest Kansas to chase roosters this weekend, such a blessing. Then I have one more chance @ elk w a December cow tag in CO. What a country, what a life. Do I sound thankful? :!:
Elkduds

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Scott

Postby Tigger » 11 22, 2017 •  [Post 4]

I am thankful that I have found this forum for sure. It is nice that you tolerate my attempts at humor! There sure are some great people on this forum and I hope to someday meet some of them!

Shot 3 roosters this morning. 2 on my land, 1 on public. Pretty great morning. Cold though, 11 degrees with a stiff 20 mph wind made for some cold cheeks!

And I think RJ knows that I would be more than willing to help.........renovate Big Red into something more fitting of a hunting rig. :o
Tigger

Postby Elkhntr08 » 11 22, 2017 •  [Post 5]

Bird’s ready for the smoker, my bride’s making swee potato casserole. Life is great. Happy Thanksgiving to all and may you have a safe and blessed holiday.
Jim
Elkhntr08

Postby CampCreek » 11 23, 2017 •  [Post 6]

A Happy Thanksgiving to all. The birds in the smoker, waiting for family to arrive. May you all have a good day. I also am thankful to have found this site, and the knowledge and enjoyment I've got from here. Feeling thankful also for being able to hunt elk with my sons the last two years and to be able to have a country with the great amount of public land to chase those critters.
CampCreek