Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Prayers for my 5yr old friend

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Prayers for my 5yr old friend

Postby Gypsumreaper » 11 25, 2017 •  [Post 1]

Last week my little buddy was taken to the ER, he was then flown flight for life to children's hospital in Denver, CO where an MRI was performed and a brain tumor was found. He had surgery Wednesday before thanksgiving where they discovered the tumor was actually wrapped around his spinal cord. He came out of surgery but only 1/4 of the tumor was removed he now needs to have chemo to try and finish off the tumor. They also found out that it is malignant.

My little buddy Colton is a fighter but he and his family has a long road ahead. He was born 13 weeks premature so he's had a rough go his whole life. I'm asking all you wonderful folks to give your thoughts and prayers to the family, they have a long road ahead of them both financially and emotionally. I wish many of you on here knew this little guy as he would make your day regardless. Please pray for him no 5 year old deserves what he has to go through.

If you would like to donate a little money to this family to help them as they live 2.5 hours from children's hospital in Denver and have another 3 year old child as well that would be great. But prayers and good thoughts are always just as helpful. Many thanks everyone and god bless

https://www.gofundme.com/help-the-colton-farrell-family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gypsumreaper

First Name: Josh
Last Name: Wamboldt

Re: Prayers for my 5yr old friend

Postby Swede » 11 25, 2017 •  [Post 2]

Prayer sent for Colton and family. I hope the family knows to take this situation straight to the Lord.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Gypsumreaper » 11 25, 2017 •  [Post 3]

They do, we have all been praying, I just spent 2 hours with him and it about killed me seeing him in the state he's in right now. But his mom told us that he was a lot more movable and talkative than he has been since his surgery.

Gypsumreaper

Postby Lefty » 11 26, 2017 •  [Post 4]

Prayers for your little buddy and his family!!!
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby T.B. » 11 26, 2017 •  [Post 5]

Praying strength and comfort for Colton and family
T.B.

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 11 26, 2017 •  [Post 6]

Prayers sent for the little guy and his family. I hope he hangs in there and gets through this.. A few coins sent to his GFM account as well.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Indian Summer » 11 28, 2017 •  [Post 7]

Prayers sent! I have s friend who's 6 month old nephew had the EXACT same thing though nly his was cancerous. After removing 1/4 of the tumor because it was too danger to get it all he went through chemo. That was all back at the beginning of this year. Last week they declared him cancer free and he's doing great. Kids respond remarkably well to treatments because their cells are already growing so rapidly. I have high hopes for your friend!!! :D
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Gypsumreaper » 11 29, 2017 •  [Post 8]

That you everyone, he is doing well. Well as well as you can be in this situation. They are still waiting on his biopsy of the tumor to see what kind of cancer it is and how rapid it's growth is. His eye hand coordination is coming back slowly and motor functions are returning as well. Then entire family appreciates the kind thoughts and prayers. Indian Summer that is great news this kid has had it rough already born 13 weeks premature already but he's a fighter. When he's old enough he will be my greeter at my ranch. He is doing well that's for sure.

Gypsumreaper

Postby Roosiebull » 11 30, 2017 •  [Post 9]

Gypsumreaper wrote:That you everyone, he is doing well. Well as well as you can be in this situation. They are still waiting on his biopsy of the tumor to see what kind of cancer it is and how rapid it's growth is. His eye hand coordination is coming back slowly and motor functions are returning as well. Then entire family appreciates the kind thoughts and prayers. Indian Summer that is great news this kid has had it rough already born 13 weeks premature already but he's a fighter. When he's old enough he will be my greeter at my ranch. He is doing well that's for sure.

great news! prayers to him and his family. keep us posted
Roosiebull

Postby ishy » 12 04, 2017 •  [Post 10]

More prayers your way. These kids are so amazing. We have been blessed to get to know lots through my son and Team Hoyt (not the archery one). They really help put things in perspective. You see what these kids go through and the great attitude they keep through the struggle is such a great example.
ishy

First Name: Bryan
Last Name: L

Postby Swede » 12 04, 2017 •  [Post 11]

God answers prayers. Indian Summer's friend and Colton are testimonials to the fact that He has not given up on us. I just wish we loved one another as much as our Lord does. Our Lord's plan for us is always right, we need to tune in and seek His ways.

I know I have just gone from being supportive to preaching. Best wishes for both of these great kids.
Swede

Postby Gypsumreaper » 02 10, 2018 •  [Post 12]

I have an update on his this little guy is doing he has his 6th birthday in January, although celebrated in the hospital he still had a good day. As of now Colton spent a few days at home with his family.
Yesterday they asked for an MRI to check the status of the cancer and how he was responding. This wasn't supposed to be done until after his 3rd treatment of Chemo next week but his parents insisted. He has had 2 sets of Chemo each lasting 4 days and they definitely took their toll but went "well". The MRI can back and the doctors said there is no visible sign of cancer anymore!!!

The doctors urge Colton still does his last 2 sets of Chemo for precaution but they do not think he should do the final Radiation treatment which was to be the worst.

So he will start his 3rd set of Chemo next week then wait a month and have 1 more and then should be at home with us all for the summer.

He keeps telling his mom he can't wait to be able to hang out at the ranch all summer "my outfit" and learn to ride horses better and start his "job" i offered him when he got better. God is good and prayers have been answered I thank everyone who prayed and sent good thoughts to him and his family it really helped.

Thank you all
Josh Wamboldt

Gypsumreaper

Postby Swede » 02 10, 2018 •  [Post 13]

Thanks Josh for the update. Often we move on and never hear how our prayers are answered. I will pray again for Colton, so when he gets his strength back you can make a cowboy out of him. :D
Swede

Postby T.B. » 02 10, 2018 •  [Post 14]

Great news and thanks for the update
T.B.

Postby Trumkin the Dwarf » 02 11, 2018 •  [Post 15]

Woo hoo! I forgot to respond to this the first time around, but am so glad for that great news!
Trumkin the Dwarf

First Name: Malachi
Last Name: C

Postby Gypsumreaper » 02 13, 2018 •  [Post 16]

Thanks everyone, his next Chemo was supposed to start Sunday but he had a low platelet count. They postponed him to Thursday, which sucks cause everyone gets all mentally prepared and then they have to move it, but everyone is obviously in higher hopes already.

Gypsumreaper