Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Christmas Wish List

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Christmas Wish List

Postby Swede » 11 27, 2017 •  [Post 1]

I am just wondering what is on your wish list? What needs added to your hunting equipment or opportunities? What needs to be changed out for the newer and better? I don't have any special needs now, so shopping for me is either very easy or hard depending on how a person looks at it. I am going to change a few things before next season, but am in no hurry. Spring or summer are soon enough.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: Christmas Wish List

Postby Tigger » 11 27, 2017 •  [Post 2]

I recently bought some Sitka through a great friend and thus I have fulfilled my wish list early. Probably will give it to the wife to wrap up for me.

Other than that, I am set pretty good. My biggest wish at this point is that I get to take my daughter pronghorn hunting again. That will require some negotiating with the wife as she wants to take said daughter to Mexico on a missions trip! Both are good endeavors.
Tigger

Postby Backyard » 11 27, 2017 •  [Post 3]

I'm looking to replace(upgrade) my old Primos Pack Bugle, otherwise known as a "flute" with a real bugle tube this year but I can't decide on which one to ask momma and the kids to get for me. It's narrowed down to 1 of 3: Berry's thunder Bugle, Elknut's Chuckler XTR, or Travis' (Wapiti River) Commander Tube.
I better get it figured out and on the "list" pretty soon tho! :D Decisions, decisions...
Backyard

Postby Elkhntr08 » 11 27, 2017 •  [Post 4]

New Mexico elk tag.
Wyoming moose tag.
Utah bison tag.
Elkhntr08

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 11 27, 2017 •  [Post 5]

World peace (well, maybe not realistic), a valley of bugling bulls for Swede... yes, they do make noises, a classic car for Tigger to deface :D, a rogue lost elk to wander into Trumpkin's back yard in TX, a home Whitetail protection/security system for WA Whitey (they're planning a winter assault as I type), and continued health and many years of hunting for all you Wapiti Talk members. Oh, I may ask Santa for some squeaky toys for my 5-pack of pups... they get a kick out of the presents :D. I have everything I'll ever need and am so blessed with what the big guy has so graciously provided myself and family. Merry Xmas to all you wild bohemians 8-)
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Trumkin the Dwarf » 11 28, 2017 •  [Post 6]

WapitiTalk1 wrote: a rogue lost elk to wander into Trumpkin's back yard in TX

Aww shucks, RJ. So touching of you to remember me on your wishlist!

I will say, I have a tiGoat stove and some Kifaru pockets on my wishlist. I want to be fully geared for a deep back country archery hunt by next fall if possible.

Oh yeah, Merry Christmas to everyone!
Trumkin the Dwarf

First Name: Malachi
Last Name: C

Postby Indian Summer » 11 30, 2017 •  [Post 7]

Tigger I like the idea of wrapping things I buy myself. I think I'll treat me to a Sitka Incinerator jacket for those cold winter nights.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Tigger » 11 30, 2017 •  [Post 8]

Joe, it really is a good idea. You know how some people say it is better to give than receive? Well, wrap your own presents and you get both sides of that equation!
Tigger

Postby Lefty » 11 30, 2017 •  [Post 9]

Hmmm. I think those items are being wrapped now!!!

What I really would like is someone to return my bibs and jacket I left while duck hunting. :cry:
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Roosiebull » 11 30, 2017 •  [Post 10]

my wishlist is a happy, healthy family, and nobody to get me any gifts...anything someone wants to buy for me, buy something else for one of the kids instead. I need nothing, and the youngsters have so much fun opening gifts.
Roosiebull