Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Help!!!!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Help!!!!

Postby Lefty » 12 20, 2017 •  [Post 1]

Christmas Ideas
My wife is impossible to buy for,.. I guess maybe I am a bit also. We both know what we want. My wife's birthday and our Anniversary are in December.
She had me buy,.. well actually she just said a large computer monitor was her birthday gift ( got lucky on that gift) and counted my new phone( she got the new phone, I got her old phone0 and bluetooth. she is into technology , she just completed nearly 300 pages of her dads life story for her dad, She also enjoys working on our family history and anyone genealogy.
My wife wont do jewelry, perfume, flowers, spas, too nice of clothes, chocolate. In 29 years the most successful gifts have been a mini horse, antique sleigh bells, a weather vane for the barn ( my shop).
This year the only gifts I can come up with is her fishing license. ( Yes she will like that if I get her fishing a dozen times). and a couple router bits, I plan to put new Formica counter tops and tile in the kitchen. As you see most of what she ends up with in reality is for both of us.

Help!!! My wife is over 60 so there are a lot of items she has decided "we" dont need in our life and we really are trying to downsize in "stuff" and hopefully a house too.
But Christmas gifts have been an ongoing delema. Even stocking stuffer ideas.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: Help!!!!

Postby Elkduds » 12 20, 2017 •  [Post 2]

Weekend getaway for you together to place of her choosing. Framed pictures of family; children, grandchildren, etc. Merry Christmas to the Lefty family and all WTers!
Elkduds

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Scott

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 12 20, 2017 •  [Post 3]

Mrs. Wapiti is "really" into primitive/antique stuff. Old pie safes, hutches, wooden bowls, peanut butter tins, toy pull horses, etc. Perhaps a gift cert to a local primitive/antique store for Mrs. Lefty?
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Swede » 12 20, 2017 •  [Post 4]

If she likes to read, find her a good book on a subject she enjoys. I think it does not need to be expensive. A good book is both practical and fun. You could get her a fishing license too.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Lefty » 12 20, 2017 •  [Post 5]

I will be getting her a fishing license , My daughters too.

Books are problem, she is a furious reader, what ever is cheap and has good reviews. So Im out of what she wants to buy.

My wife isnt really a decorator, and I like the primitive/antique stuff her interests are limited, but maybe I need to look at the local shops.

We do the weekend getaways, Jackson and the sleigh tour/rides on the National Elk refuge, Last year nixed the Utah elk ride. Maybe Ill just buy the tickets and do all the planing, and just do it. Maybe Ill see if there are any reservations open in Yellowstone,.. even though public land near Gardneir Mt last year worked out just fine. And March,.. the ATV ride and shed hunt ;) in a warmer place.

Oh well Im buying router bits for the cabinets :oops: :roll: A few days fishing in Montana .

Elkduds I think an electronic picture frame ,.. easy Thanks for that idea
Lefty

Postby Tigger » 12 20, 2017 •  [Post 6]

how about a lifetime fishing license?

Does she like to go to plays? Is there an amateur or small time theatre you can get a season pass for? High school plays?

How about some merino wool or high tech clothing? Might as well pick up some non-camo Sitka for her!!

My wife is just as hard to buy for, so I am eagerly awaiting more responses to this thread.
Tigger

Postby Swede » 12 20, 2017 •  [Post 7]

Tigger wrote:My wife is just as hard to buy for, so I am eagerly awaiting more responses to this thread.

You jerks just buy your wife too much. It makes me look bad. Knock it off. :D
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Navesgane » 12 20, 2017 •  [Post 8]

For the last 6 years I've bought mine a season ski pass to our local ski resort, then a few low cost items and stocking stuffers so that she has some things to open Christmas Day. We lost our dog recently which we alsways bought the most gifts for and also helped with opening all the presents so this year is going to be kinda tough for her not having her around. Last year I bought her one of those portable/rechargeable devices that's a hand warmer, charger and flashlight in-one things that she loves.
Instagram @jeff.reilly1
Navesgane

First Name: Jeff

Postby Lefty » 12 20, 2017 •  [Post 9]

Navesgane wrote:For the last 6 years I've bought mine a season ski pass to our local ski resort, then a few low cost items and stocking stuffers so that she has some things to open Christmas Day. We lost our dog recently which we alsways bought the most gifts for and also helped with opening all the presents so this year is going to be kinda tough for her not having her around. Last year I bought her one of those portable/rechargeable devices that's a hand warmer, charger and flashlight in-one things that she loves.

Navesgane
My wife is 63 and has no interest in skiing anymore.She use to ski alot,, before we married.
I tried to buy the elk refuge sleigh ride today. But the gal that answered the phone didn't speak English or seem to understand it

The play is a good idea. I have two of my scouts in a local play starting Tuesday,..

I hit a couple antique shops today. Really sad: the Corning ware casserole sets I owned my wife tossed out when we got married were $40.00 :lol:

I might make a sliding rocking porch bench.

More ideas guys lets make Swede out to be the kind of guy he is :o
Lefty