Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

2017 Wapiti Talk Photo of the Year - WINNER!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Vote for your favorite 2017 WT Photo of the Month

Photo #7, Theme was Play Em
No votes
Photo #8, Theme was Mother Nature at her Worst
No votes
Photo #9, Theme was Freestyle
83%
Photo #10, Theme was Hunting Rig
8%
Photo #10, Theme was Elk Sign
8%

View results

2017 Wapiti Talk Photo of the Year - WINNER!

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 01 09, 2018 •  [Post 1]

Where does the time go? Another year has passed and its once again time for WT members to vote on their favorite monthly photo from our 2017 Photo of the Month Contest.

Monthly entry rules were as follows:

1. One photo submission allowed per month, per member (yep, stinky MODs may enter a photo also).
2. Photo must relate to the monthly theme (or risk being disqualified).
3. Do not use photo editing software to enhance your photo. Just post the photo as it was taken with your camera, smart phone, trail cam, etc. You may have to resize some photos so they are accepted by the forum software.
4. You may use older photos you have on hand, but, do not submit a photo that has won a previous WT photo contest.
5. Any WT member may enter a photo they have taken or star in.
6. Judging – WT members will vote on monthly photo submissions.
7. Contest period will normally end the last day of the month.
8. Winner must contact WapitiTalk1 via PM and provide mailing address for prize (your prize may be sent directly from a WT sponsor or from RJ).
9. Prizes will vary from month to month.

* At the end of the year, all monthly contest winners will be automatically entered into a Photo of the Year Contest.

Allrighty, please vote on your favorite entry from our 2017 Photo of the Month Contest. The winner will receive some pretty cool goodies from various Wapiti Talk sponsors. Here we go and only vote for one picture please. ** There are two threads that contain the 2017 monthly photos to vote on. 7-11 here and 1-6 on another thread. Please review both but only vote for one photo. **

AUG 17 - Play Em! - Roosiebull.jpg
AUG 17 - Play Em! - Roosiebull.jpg (91.04 KiB) Viewed 3144 times
SEP 17-Mother Nature at Her Worst - Roosiebull.png
SEP 17-Mother Nature at Her Worst - Roosiebull.png (391.06 KiB) Viewed 3144 times
OCT 17 - Freestyle - IS.jpg
OCT 17 - Freestyle - IS.jpg (97.67 KiB) Viewed 3144 times
NOV 17 - Huntin Rig - WAWhitey.jpg
NOV 17 - Huntin Rig - WAWhitey.jpg (183.13 KiB) Viewed 3144 times
DEC 17 - Elk Sign - Swede.JPG
DEC 17 - Elk Sign - Swede.JPG (333.1 KiB) Viewed 3144 times
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: 2017 Wapiti Talk Photo of the Year - WINNER!

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 01 21, 2018 •  [Post 2]

What a great year of photos! Thanks to all for contributing their photos, the WT sponsors who contributed prizes for the monthly winners, and, to all who took the time to vote each month for the 2017 Photo of the Year. For 2017, Indian Summer won the grand prize with his OCT 17 "freestyle theme" image of the mountain lion cub/kitten eyeballing him from a tree. Very, very cool encounter and one most of us will never see. Joe, I'll get a few sponsor provided goodies on the way for your prize. I hope a jar of WA blackberry jam stuffed in the box adds a bit of good taste to your loot. Congrats to Indian Summer and again, thanks to all for your participation. RJ
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Swede » 01 21, 2018 •  [Post 3]

Congrats Joe. Excellent photo. Wow!
And I thought my elk poop in the grass would bring in the Blackberry jam. Well, there is always next year.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Elkduds » 01 22, 2018 •  [Post 4]

Congratulations. Here, kitty, kitty.
Elkduds

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Scott

Postby Indian Summer » 01 23, 2018 •  [Post 5]

Wow thanks for the votes guys and gals. I have to say that may very well be the best picture I’ve ever taken. The experience was just as rare. As animals often do that lion kit remained frozen as if it was invisible to me. I was less than 10 feet away. We spent probably 20 minutes there checking it out along with the twin perched in the next tree. I’ll never forget that day.

And thanks to Wapititalk for taking the time to run our photo contests. It’s always fun looking at the entries in the monthly categories. Can’t wait to see my prize and heck yeah I’ll put that jam to good use!
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Roosiebull » 01 30, 2018 •  [Post 6]

congrats!

that's the one I voted for, such an amazing pic!
Roosiebull

Postby Swede » 01 31, 2018 •  [Post 7]

Roosiebull wrote:that's the one I voted for, such an amazing pic!

I voted for a different one. Indian Summer's picture was too obvious a best picture choice. Even a dummy could see that. :roll:
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics