Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Wildlife art

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Wildlife art

Postby Lefty » 07 20, 2018 •  [Post 1]

What kind of wildlife art do you have!
Ive seen some nice wildlife art, but Im not really an artsy guy. So I dont have much and only fringe type stuff.

A few prints; I traded one of the two biggest red fox I ever caught to artist Marion Anderson for a red fox print.
I have always enjoyed a Les Kuba print, Bills over Nicolet Bay. Spent a lot of time in that bay.
a taxi mink, black squirrel and albino muskrat, but other than a mount not very artsy.
A moose and elk pencil from my youngest daughter, a flying goose from another and a really neat pencil from my oldest of a duck call I made. I have made bunches of duck, goose and predator calls from some exotic woods, but they are all working calls, and I dont consider them "real art". Maybe the tuning of them.
I do have a piece of acrylic injected african wood,.. If I ever finish it, I would consider that art.
And maybe not so much art , but a fashion statement while at scout camp a bear teeth, claw and moose teeth,.. ( nobody would even think they are moose teeth :shock: )
At one time I made for show a few nice dry-flys.

So maybe the most other wildlife art might be more on the culinary side.
elk onion and butter
shredded goose roast
duck jerky
Duck sausage.
Otherwise, horns antlers shells and hides get nailed to the inside of the barn gable wall or sold.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: Wildlife art

Postby Tigger » 07 21, 2018 •  [Post 2]

I love Terry Redlin prints. There are other good artists like Rosemary Millette and a few others. I have enough now that I am pretty picky. It has to really impress me. One of my favorites is a nice whitetail buck walking in the woods that looks just like the view from my stand. I like good mounts as well.
Tigger

Postby Fridaythe13th » 07 22, 2018 •  [Post 3]

I am a huge Michael Sieve fan. He grew up in Minnesota and I can relate to all of his prints almost
All of his prints I have a tree stand or a spot it reminds me of. I ran out of wall space and have a few hanging in the garage. I do wish he would paint a pic of a coyote.
Fridaythe13th

First Name: Eric
Last Name: S

Postby ishy » 07 22, 2018 •  [Post 4]

I like a bunch, but nothing hanging. I have several coffee table books that I love to dream about all winter. Some are photo some drawing all stir something inside me. Elk Country, Majesty, Elk Portfolio by Donald M. Jones, Visions of Elk Country, Thomas Magleson, Tom Mansanarez, are a few I like.
ishy

First Name: Bryan
Last Name: L