Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Comment on one of the sponors here

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Comment on one of the sponors here

Postby saddlesore » 08 15, 2018 •  [Post 1]

In April I bought a Klymit Insulated Static V Luxe pad. This is a $120 pad with a life time warranty.

I tried it at home one night and it seemed OK.This past week I took a trip for 3-4 days and the first night out it went flat. I ended up sleeping on the pack saddle pads.

When I got back home,I dunked it in the horse tank and found it was leaking around the fill valves, not from any puncture.

After several phone calls to the number listed and only getting a recording, a lady finally called me back Monday evening. I explained the problem and she directed me to a You Tube video on how to fix it. WRONG. She told me to email her back ,which I did yesterday and I have not received any reply and it's the same phone recording.They will not answer the phone.

So I got on their website and filled out the warranty/repair request to get RMA. Reading further down, it says it will take a 10-14 days to get a RMA approval and then 4-6 weeks to get the item repaired or replaced after they receive it.

This is not great customer service and I don't know what a company has to do to become a sponsor on this website,but anyone that has any connections with this company needs to get them to step up.

Now I will have to use my old Thermorest pad on the 25th and again for the full muzzle loader season and it appears it won't be fixed by the time 2nd rifle season rolls around here in Colorado in mid October.
Needless to say unless something happens real quick,I won't be buying anything more from them.
saddlesore
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Re: Comment on one of the sponors here

Postby Tigger » 08 15, 2018 •  [Post 2]

ouch, I feel you pain. One question I have....are you dealing with the retailer or the manufacturer? I am thinking I know who you bought it from, but they might not be the one providing the warranty. Maybe a call to the retailer asking to return it? Or maybe a call to the manufacturer informing them of the problem? Hope something works for ya!

I borrowed my cousins Klymit pad last week and it worked great. But that doesn't do you any good!
Tigger

Postby Lsb » 08 15, 2018 •  [Post 3]

That sucks, I hope it works out. I bought several of their products because the first one was so nice and the declared warranty. I'm going to be really disappointed if they are that bad at customer service.
Lsb

Postby Elkduds » 08 15, 2018 •  [Post 4]

I have had better luck w Klymit customer service. They sent me repair parts @ no charge when I bought a used pad from a buddy, he had lost the patch kit.
Elkduds

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Scott

Postby saddlesore » 08 15, 2018 •  [Post 5]

I bought it from Amazon, but have been dealing with the manufacturer or rather lack of it. Amazon is one of their certified retailers.Idon't know if I can return it to them or not since it has been more than 90 days
saddlesore

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 08 15, 2018 •  [Post 6]

Vince, let me know if the company makes it right by you. They are an affiliate sponsor but I have no love lost for one that does not provide top notch customer service. This is the very first time I've heard of any issues with CS from any of our sponsors here on Wapiti Talk. Again, let me know if this ends well.... if not, I have no issue declining the company as a continued sponsor on our forum. RJ
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby saddlesore » 08 15, 2018 •  [Post 7]

Well I guess my many phone calls on two days they got tired of hearing the recordings. This afternoon late,they emailed me and said instead of repairing it, they will send me a new one once they get my old one back and had Fedex send me a prepaid shipping label an hour or so ago.

Hopefully will have a new one in two weeks.

What torqued me off mostly was them not answering their phones and their website said it would take 4-6weeks to get resolved .
saddlesore

Postby Lsb » 08 15, 2018 •  [Post 8]

saddlesore wrote:Well I guess my many phone calls on two days they got tired of hearing the recordings. This afternoon late,they emailed me and said instead of repairing it, they will send me a new one once they get my old one back and had Fedex send me a prepaid shipping label an hour or so ago.

Hopefully will have a new one in two weeks.

What torqued me off mostly was them not answering their phones and their website said it would take 4-6weeks to get resolved .

Still that's a lot of trouble for a supposed unconditional warranty.
Lsb

Postby Joe Schmo » 08 18, 2018 •  [Post 9]

Hmm, I just heard a podcast that highly recommended em...now I’m thinking that I might just stick with the ol Big Agnes.
Joe Schmo

Postby saddlesore » 08 19, 2018 •  [Post 10]

I will have to see how fast they turn around this replacement they are suppose to send
saddlesore

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 08 21, 2018 •  [Post 11]

Let me know how it shakes out Vince. I have zero tolerance for poor customer service from any company, particularly one of our sponsors (affiliate or direct).
WapitiTalk1

Postby saddlesore » 08 22, 2018 •  [Post 12]

I got the pad to them in two days and they said they would ship one out as soon as they got it .Now today I get this email.

We have received your product, on (8/22/2018).
Please allow for at least 5-7 business days to process your warranty.

Thank you,
Warranty Team

Please allow 10-14 days for processing time
You can check the status of your order or reply to this message: clicking here

Additional information: Dear Vincent We have received your product, on (8/22/2018). Please allow for at least 5-7 business days to process your warranty. Thank you, Warranty Team
saddlesore

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 08 22, 2018 •  [Post 13]

Enough for me; I'll be replacing them with a new affiliate sponsor soon. I'm not saying that they have bad products (sounds like you got a bad item). In fact, I believe I have the same pad you do Vince and so far so good, however, I cannot support a company (and advertise for them) that displays poor customer service. Hopefully they'll get their act together and realize that good, rather excellent... customer service is paramount in a successful business. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. RJ
WapitiTalk1

Postby Lefty » 08 25, 2018 •  [Post 14]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:Enough for me; I'll be replacing them with a new affiliate sponsor soon. I'm not saying that they have bad products (sounds like you got a bad item). In fact, I believe I have the same pad you do Vince and so far so good, however, I cannot support a company (and advertise for them) that displays poor customer service. Hopefully they'll get their act together and realize that good, rather excellent... customer service is paramount in a successful business. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. RJ

Iv had some good products from klymit so I was holding off on dog piling.
I bought their new over sized sleeping bag. Fit me well. The first one had extremely long thread tags, then the bag ripped crawling in, then the stuff sack tore
Exchanged it no problem the nest day
2nd new bag first outing another hole the first night Thought I was going to die after inhaling a cloud of down. The the compression bag ripped I figured maybe just a bad run,..
Shipped them back , took 3 weeks for an exchange and cost me $11.00

New sleeping bag checked out but the first night in the Wind rivers the compression bag blew apart. $330 bag should not have so man problems. I am happy with the bag but this is the 3rd week waiting on a compression sack.
Lefty

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby saddlesore » 08 27, 2018 •  [Post 15]

I got the new pad in the mail today.I have not tried to inflate it yet
saddlesore