Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Good luck and bee safe all!!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Good luck and bee safe all!!

Postby lamrith » 09 04, 2018 •  [Post 1]

The time is here and season are starting. I wanted to wish everyone luck and remind everyone to be safe.

There has already been one Hunter seriously hurt and clinging to life in a PNW hospital this year from a tree stand accident. Take your time and slow down, and be safe whether you are on the ground or up in a tree.
'15 Elite E35. 30.5", 67#
100Gr. G5 montecs
Sportsman's Vital Impact 300spine

http://www.pelletpeddler.com
lamrith

First Name: Larry

Re: Good luck and bee safe all!!

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 09 04, 2018 •  [Post 2]

Good reminder Larry... You be safe in your adventures also bud.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Lsb » 09 04, 2018 •  [Post 3]

Good reminder. The hunt ain't worth your life, keep it safe guys
Lsb

Postby lamrith » 11 06, 2018 •  [Post 4]

Season is in full swing/half way over for mos of us. But I Gotta give this a bump.

Safety 1st folks, specially some of you old timers. It is easy for all of us to become complacent with basic weapon safety when we have been hunting for years, decades, half centuries... Accidents can and will happen, we are partaking in a dangerous way of life where anything can happen in the blink of an eye, an ounce of prevention can keep them from being a tragedy.

Had one hit a little close to home this week. A Co-worker of my wife that she has known for 15yrs was just killed in a hunting accident during his hunt in MT. Initial reports are that his hunting partner fell and in the fall his rifle went off. Having the safety on possibly could have prevented this tragedy, now a hunter and family man is gone, his partner is forever shaken at losing a friend and being involved in it happening.

God bless, God speed and good hunting folks!
'15 Elite E35. 30.5", 67#
100Gr. G5 montecs
Sportsman's Vital Impact 300spine

http://www.pelletpeddler.com
lamrith

First Name: Larry

Postby Magic » 11 09, 2018 •  [Post 5]

I have already heard of one tree stand falling accident. There is no way to stress the importance of safety enough.
Magic

First Name: Lynn
Last Name: D

Postby wawhitey » 11 09, 2018 •  [Post 6]

Guy that lives at the end of my road died elk hunting last week. Jeep rolled off the road, he got ejected, vehicle landed on him. Why does nobody wear seatbelts on logging roads?
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby DirtyErn » 11 11, 2018 •  [Post 7]

Sorry to hear about tragedy, however not sure if safety was on or off, not first time a gun has gone off with safety on. Which doesn’t make it any better. Goggle Remington 700 trigger/ safety issues. My 700 went off while” cycling “ safety from on too off years ago. I know two indicents with 30/30 lever action going off with safety’s on. This is a hard reminder of gun safety and muzzle awareness( I know the gun was dropped).
DirtyErn

First Name: Ernie
Last Name: O