Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

A diffent kind of season

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

A diffent kind of season

Postby Lefty » 09 23, 2018 •  [Post 1]

This year I have seen way more hunters than ever before. Guys hunting places Ive never seen vehicles.
Years past I made a bit more effort to go where other hunters didn't. Not happening this year
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: A diffent kind of season

Postby Swede » 09 24, 2018 •  [Post 2]

I agree that we are seeing more and more hunters, but the game departments keep saying hunter numbers are going down. We have always had plenty of hunters. In many areas it seems the game numbers are what is down. In other places they are fine, but everywhere there are hunters.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Navesgane » 09 24, 2018 •  [Post 3]

Same here. I think technology is to blame- all the mapping, apps and online stuff. I don't doubt there are less hunters, just more new ones that are more tech savvy and willing to get off the trails and roads and explore new and tougher terrain. At least a that been my observations. Heck I had a friend tell me the other day that there's a way to find the gps coords off of a picture someone posts!
Instagram @jeff.reilly1
Navesgane

First Name: Jeff

Postby Lefty » 09 24, 2018 •  [Post 4]

Navesgane wrote:Same here. I think technology is to blame- all the mapping, apps and online stuff. I don't doubt there are less hunters, just more new ones that are more tech savvy and willing to get off the trails and roads and explore new and tougher terrain. At least a that been my observations. Heck I had a friend tell me the other day that there's a way to find the gps coords off of a picture someone posts!

yep delete the extra info on pictures taken with your phone if locate is on.

Ill agree with the technology piece being responsible. :cry:
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H