Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Beginners Guide to Elk Calling - Chapter 2: Reed Placement

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Beginners Guide to Elk Calling - Chapter 2: Reed Placement

Postby elkaholicid » 01 06, 2018 •  [Post 1]

Greetings fellow elkaholics. Here is Chapter 2 of the Beginners Guide to Elk Calling where we go over reed placement, tongue contact and even show you a couple of drills. Hope you enjoy. You can watch the full-screen version here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6dyALDEbHs

elkaholicid
Site Sponsor

Re: Beginners Guide to Elk Calling - Chapter 2: Reed Placeme

Postby >>>---WW----> » 01 06, 2018 •  [Post 2]

Again, good solid advice! And thank-you for posting the youtube link. For some unknown reason, I can't get the videos to work on my computer. But by going to the link, I'm able to view it. Guess I'll have to give RJ a call and figure it out.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Wapiti » 01 06, 2018 •  [Post 3]

WOW !!!

I'm honestly thinking about kid napping Michael come September and holding him hostage for elk season !!!! The man has some mad teaching skills !! Where were you when I was 16 and struggling to get any kind of sound out of a dang reed ??? LOL

Congrats Michael on a great segment and thank you for highlighting the Huntress reed. I truly am honoured to have our reed shown in your video.

Keep Bugling

Trav
Wapiti River Outdoors
780-876-6170
http://www.wapitiriveroutdoors.com
Wapiti
Site Sponsor

First Name: Travis
Last Name: O'Shea

Postby Swede » 01 06, 2018 •  [Post 4]

Wapiti wrote:Where were you when I was 16 and struggling to get any kind of sound out of a dang reed ??? LOL

That is sure true, but for me it was when I turned 40. I struggled a long time and have never had the control Michael has. You make it a lot easier. Thanks

BTW: I will still argue with Michael, but it won't be about how to make elk sounds. :lol:
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby elkaholicid » 01 06, 2018 •  [Post 5]

>>>---WW----> wrote:Again, good solid advice! And thank-you for posting the youtube link. For some unknown reason, I can't get the videos to work on my computer. But by going to the link, I'm able to view it. Guess I'll have to give RJ a call and figure it out.

Thank you sir! That's good to know about the link and I'll be sure to include the youtube link in all future posts.
elkaholicid
Site Sponsor

Postby elkaholicid » 01 06, 2018 •  [Post 6]

Wapiti wrote:WOW !!!

I'm honestly thinking about kid napping Michael come September and holding him hostage for elk season !!!! The man has some mad teaching skills !! Where were you when I was 16 and struggling to get any kind of sound out of a dang reed ??? LOL

Congrats Michael on a great segment and thank you for highlighting the Huntress reed. I truly am honoured to have our reed shown in your video.

Keep Bugling

Trav

Thank you, Travis. You make some great reeds that people need to know about.

As far as kidnapping me......why don't we just try and plan a hunt together somewhere sometime?
elkaholicid
Site Sponsor

Postby elkaholicid » 01 06, 2018 •  [Post 7]

Swede wrote:
Wapiti wrote:Where were you when I was 16 and struggling to get any kind of sound out of a dang reed ??? LOL

That is sure true, but for me it was when I turned 40. I struggled a long time and have never had the control Michael has. You make it a lot easier. Thanks

BTW: I will still argue with Michael, but it won't be about how to make elk sounds. :lol:

Thank you, Swede.

BTW: I welcome our constructive conversations that are filled with thought-provoking challenges from both sides. :lol:
elkaholicid
Site Sponsor

Postby Swede » 01 06, 2018 •  [Post 8]

elkaholicid wrote:Thank you, Travis. You make some great reeds that people need to know about.

I have used Travis's Wapiti River calls, and agree that they are excellent. Anyone elk calling would do well to give them a try.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Wapiti » 01 08, 2018 •  [Post 9]

As far as kidnapping me......why don't we just try and plan a hunt together somewhere sometime?[/quote]

Well that might be something to plan. Probably safer.........for me as well as you look tougher then me !! LOL

I'll be once again putting in for New Mexico this year. Been unsuccessful the last 3-4 years putting in. I'm bound to get drawn sooner or later !! That would be an epic place to hunt together !!

Keep Bugling

Trav
Wapiti River Outdoors
780-876-6170
http://www.wapitiriveroutdoors.com
Wapiti
Site Sponsor

First Name: Travis
Last Name: O'Shea