Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Sleeping

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Sleeping

Postby Elkhunttoo » 11 17, 2019 •  [Post 1]

So, I finally scored this year and have found the spot I have been looking for since I switched units 6 or so years ago. As I sat at the wallow this year I came up with a question...has anyone tried sleeping by the water hole?

At The one wallow I'm going to build a "natural" ground blind next year during the summer. There is already a pretty good spot but a could fill it in and make it really nice. I'm just wondering if I slept there if I would spoke out more game then I would walking in and out every night?
Elkhunttoo

Re: Sleeping

Postby Swede » 11 17, 2019 •  [Post 2]

I would always move to a separate and unaffected place to camp, but I often snooze in my tree stand. I do not think I ever really go to sleep, but close my eyes and rest.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Lefty » 12 02, 2019 •  [Post 3]

I slept in my box blind fairly regular, mostly for bear during hunting hours . :lol:
I slept because I needed the sleep

I slept in elk and deer country, not the blind,.. but near where I hunt

I use about every scent reduction help possible. I sort of do what many eastern whitetail hunters do. Come into the stand clean wearing rubber boots

I have spent a few hours in a tree hours before shooting for deer .

A neighbor down the road Has a great natural ground blind on privater ground, He goes in anytime or sends his dad and or kids in. He tries to go in clean and does wear rubber boots.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Follio » 12 11, 2019 •  [Post 4]

I guess if you manage it and organise it properly it can work easily. To be honest I never tried it this way but I think that idea is worth a try. Lately I've been busy and haven't been back to my home town for hunting, I hope this January I will be able to go.
Follio

Postby Swede » 12 11, 2019 •  [Post 5]

Welcome to the forum Follio. You must be looking forward to deer hunting somewhere in the southern part of the country. Anyway it is good to have you here. Keep posting and let us get to know you.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics