Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Ground blind hunting, Stepping on Swedes toes?

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Ground blind hunting, Stepping on Swedes toes?

Postby Lefty » 10 29, 2023 •  [Post 1]

Well, its not in a tree. but many similarities.

I cant maintain my balance, on the ground and certainly not in a tree stand. So I try to stay on the ground.
A couple of things I either missed or were not included in the clip: . I have used an ozone generator and zolite to help reduce my scent output
I have hauled in wood chips every year to soften and level the ground and cove with woodsfloor duff.
I do take a pee bottle sometimes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72kBLnCay8w
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: Ground blind hunting, Stepping on Swedes toes?

Postby wawhitey » 10 29, 2023 •  [Post 2]

Ive spent many a day in a treestand, but barely been in a ground blind. I do have a nice primos double bull that, if iremember correctly, i spent 300 or 400 bucks on, several years back, and have still never taken it out of the bag. But i may use it some day. Seems like a trade off on visibility, for comfort and safety. I dont know, maybe ill never even use it, and it will be nothing more than a spider breeding haven in the corner of my garage for years to come.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Re: Ground blind hunting, Stepping on Swedes toes?

Postby Swede » 10 29, 2023 •  [Post 3]

I would rather be on the ground that nervous/scared up a tree. I do not feel comfortable up on my steep roof anymore. When it is time to go up there, I will call a roofing expert. Ground blinds work and have their advantages. They have their drawbacks. The best thing to do is take advantage of them where they will work best for you.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics