Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Recommendation For Stringunner

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Recommendation For Stringunner

Postby Swede » 07 25, 2016 •  [Post 1]

I know you have some very comfortable tree stands, so I am concerned for both you and your dad. In those comfortable and secure stands, there is a tendency to let your eyelids droop a little in the warm afternoon after a good lunch. You might even close your eyes a few minutes. Evenings can be a bear after hours waiting. After all you are warm and comfortable and you will snooze only a few minutes. So, here is my idea to keep you from missing anything that might slip in near your stand. Just run a parachute cord around your spring, or other focal area and tie three cow bells to the line. As soon as a deer or elk comes in, they will bump the line and ring the bells. You will be awakened immediately. It is a simple solution to what has to be a daunting problem. Like all good tips, I hope this helps. :D
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: Recommendation For Stringunner

Postby Swede » 07 26, 2016 •  [Post 2]

Note: Stringunner has not answered this thread because he is looking for some more baling twine and needs to pick up a couple more cow bells and the feed store. Don't worry he will come around and thank me for the helpful suggestion.
Swede

Postby stringunner » 07 26, 2016 •  [Post 3]

These stands are so comfortable I'm going to need something like a blow horn to wake me from rem-sleep! Trip the bailing twine and sound the alarm. And why we are at it, let's make it loud enough so those back at camp, my brother and Olympushunt will know it's about time to start packing! :roll:

I still think if you would just tie one up for me when you are there the days before the opener that would be easier!
stringunner

Postby Swede » 07 26, 2016 •  [Post 4]

It is good to see you are back Stringunner. I was starting to think you got to testing that new stand and fell asleep in it.
Swede

Postby stringunner » 07 27, 2016 •  [Post 5]

Snoozing, dreaming of big Bulls!
stringunner