Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

What Do You Need?

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

What Do You Need?

Postby Swede » 12 03, 2016 •  [Post 1]

I am wondering what if anything you tree stand hunters are needing to acquire before the next season? Maybe if you are nice ;) Santa will bring it along for Christmas. I don't know about what Santa may drop off at our house, but I could use another release, maybe a few broad-heads, and a large dose of encouragement after the past hunting seasons of this year. I have had some seasons that were less than I had hoped for, but nothing to compare with 2016. Anyway 2017 will be here shortly, and the New Year always brightens my perspective after going without an elk. Scouting trips are already being discussed, and the possibilities seem endless. :D
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: What Do You Need?

Postby Indian Summer » 12 03, 2016 •  [Post 2]

I'd like to have one of those Live Wire slow decent safety harnesses. Lowers you all the way to the ground in slow motion.

Swede you've been an elknut all your life. Don't you ever get the urge to go chase them in another state?
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby six » 12 04, 2016 •  [Post 3]

th[6].jpg
th[6].jpg (10.16 KiB) Viewed 4406 times

I see one of these in my future for 2017.
Elk are where you find em...
six

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Cool

Postby Swede » 12 04, 2016 •  [Post 4]

I.S.: I sometimes think about going out of State to hunt. It could be a great experience. To date I have been able to satisfy my hunting desires here in Oregon, but would enjoy a different experience too.
Six: You will find that a great stand. I sat in Stringunner's this past September. It feels like my older Millennium M100 but is lighter and easier to pack around. If you can muster up the nerve, ask Santa for an extra hanger. That way you can relocate your stand with real ease.
Swede

Postby stringunner » 12 07, 2016 •  [Post 5]

A new bow. A Halon 32 to be exact. Santa already said that one is up to me to figure out how to get with side jobs or selling other old gear.

So I settled for asking for a rock climbing harness and new tree tether system instead, if Santa shops at Amazon, and uses my wife's account, of which i too have the password, it looks like I made the nice list and should be sitting in a new harness come fall! 8-)

Six- buy it and don't look back! My dad and I purchased 4 of those stands and 8 brackets this past year and it was the best decision we have made for hunting gear in a long time. Swede converted us two years ago after several years in cheap hang on stands.
stringunner

Postby Swede » 12 07, 2016 •  [Post 6]

Stringunner, do you mind giving me your wife's password so we can both go hunting on it? I am not sure I made the nice list. The jury is still out on that call. :lol: Anyway, I will look forward to seeing that new harness.
Swede

Postby ishy » 12 11, 2016 •  [Post 7]

I'm overdue for a new string. Other than that I am eyeing the solvid cam hat. It lets you hook up a camera to your hat, but you can hook up any camera so I still can have a zoom unlike a gopro. Would've had great footage with this years one call in.
ishy

First Name: Bryan
Last Name: L

Postby Old school » 01 04, 2017 •  [Post 8]

Got a Millennium M150 hang-on for Christmas - because I NEEDED it :-) Looking forward to hunting out of it next year.

--Mitch
Old school

Postby Swede » 01 04, 2017 •  [Post 9]

Old school wrote:because I NEEDED it

I completely understand. No doubt.
Swede