Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Saftey Line

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Saftey Line

Postby Swede » 01 18, 2018 •  [Post 1]

At times I wish I had a good way to make my own safety line. I have looked at rope in numerous hardware stores and they are just Knot :) up to the quality needed to be something I would bet my life on. Well yesterday I saw a site online that carries rope that is up to the task. Here is the link. http://www.knotandrope.com/store/pc/Prusik-Cord-c30.htm
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: Saftey Line

Postby lamrith » 01 18, 2018 •  [Post 2]

Great info swede! Looks like some good pricing.

I will say I am not sure on pricing these days, but another source for line to DIY a drop line or prusik knot would be to look in Marine stores. All sorts of braided line on the market these days and that is what you want a nice braided line that will tighten and constrict smoothly with no binding plus be high enough tinsel strength.
'15 Elite E35. 30.5", 67#
100Gr. G5 montecs
Sportsman's Vital Impact 300spine

http://www.pelletpeddler.com
lamrith

First Name: Larry

Postby wawhitey » 01 18, 2018 •  [Post 3]

lamrith wrote:Great info swede! Looks like some good pricing.

I will say I am not sure on pricing these days, but another source for line to DIY a drop line or prusik knot would be to look in Marine stores. All sorts of braided line on the market these days and that is what you want a nice braided line that will tighten and constrict smoothly with no binding plus be high enough tinsel strength.

Exactly what i came to say. Marine supply stores have much better stuff than hardware stores. If you really want to shell out some big bucks you can buy some spectra line.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby Swede » 01 18, 2018 •  [Post 4]

The line I like the best of those shown on the advertisement is Ocean Polyester 3/8 with a 7,400# breaking strength at $1.48/foot. I don't know how the "ocean Polyester" relates to the stuff at a marine supply, but maybe it does.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics