Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Tree Stand Plans

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Tree Stand Plans

Postby Swede » 04 18, 2018 •  [Post 1]

What are your plans for tree stand use for the 2018 hunting seasons? Will tree stand hunting be your go to way of hunting or will you use it as a break or backup plan? What species are you hunting from a stand?

I am mostly a tree stand hunter and will start there and likely end there for deer and elk again this year. I have been thinking about getting a rifle deer tag and hunt on the ground, but probably will not. I teach adult Bible study at our Church on Sunday. I don't like to be gone too much, and archery season pushes it to the limit.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: Tree Stand Plans

Postby ishy » 04 18, 2018 •  [Post 2]

Will definitely use if I draw Utah. We have several water sources that have a good history and with a super early season we will be using any and all tools in our tool belt.
ishy

First Name: Bryan
Last Name: L

Postby Lefty » 04 20, 2018 •  [Post 3]

I have the steel on the shop floor for my bear stand,..
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby ABQ_Chica » 04 20, 2018 •  [Post 4]

Unless I want to fish from a tree stand, no plans for me. Did not draw, so I'll be pouting from the sidelines this year.
But that doesn't mean I won't get in plenty of wilderness therapy and stump shooting. :)
ABQ_Chica

Postby stringunner » 04 20, 2018 •  [Post 5]

I will be sitting in the stand first week of archery season, will be holding a deer, elk and bear tag. Which ever legal animal walks in first will get the arrow.
stringunner