Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

NOW Is The Time To Plan For 2017!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

NOW Is The Time To Plan For 2017!

Postby Indian Summer » 12 04, 2016 •  [Post 1]

Not tomorrow or after New Years. Now! License application deadlines in some states will be here before we know it. The end of next month is D-day for Wyoming. Do you have a solid hunt plan? Do you even know what state you'll be hunting?

Do you want to enjoy your hunt or become frustrated and have a long lonely drive home with an unpunched elk tag and empty coolers? If you enjoy your hunt and are successful it means you can get right onto planning your next one with even more confidence. If it doesn't go as planned you might be back to square one. :(

The sooner you begin hunting an area that you hope to call home in the future the sooner you can get to know the lay of the land like your back yard and become one of the 10% that kills 90% of the elk. For me not killing an elk is not an option. Of course it can happen to any of us but when I have a solid plan every day I leave camp chances are that sooner or later things are going to come together. Confidence is a great feeling and definitely adds some spring to your step. Nothing feels better than to make return trips to your honey holes where you've killed elk before. So quit thinking about the cheapest easiest licenses to get or the shortest drive from your home state! You will not remember any of that when the season ends. You'll either like your spot or you won't. You'll either have elk in the freezer or you won't. If you don't I bet you'd be willing to drive a few more hours or pay a few more bucks for a license to change that.

Headin' West Hunt Consulting can put you on the fast track to consistent success. I offer detailed DIY elk hunting plans in both Montana and Wyoming. They are all for places I have personally hunted and/or guided. I can assure you that all of the internet scouting in the world will never give you the full picture. You can't see predators, other camps and hunters... or elk on Google Earth. Most of us know how different things look when we are actually standing on the mountain.

I have a wide variety of plans and a big part of my job is making sure your plan fits your goals and abilities. Together we will decide what works best for you and your partners. Plans include USGS topo maps hand marked with as many details as I can think of. Horse trails, game trails, my personal hunting routes, bedding areas, feed slopes, wallows.... even where to get a cell signal. You'll also receive a set of written instructions on everything from where to camp to how to hunt the area effectively and miscellaneous info such as meat processors, dry ice, groceries, horse rentals, etc. Everything you need to do your elk hunt door to door. And once you purchase a plan you can email or call as much as you care to in order to make sure you are as prepared as possible to make the most of your hunt plan.

Headin West has some online reviews over on Bowsite if you care to look them up and references are available by request. Have a look at the website and feel free to email or call with any questions. Let's get you on track to post your elk pictures in the 2017 Meatpole thread!

http://www.headinwest.net
joe@headinwest.net

Time to go drop this one off to feed the beetles! :D
Attachments
WyomingBull2016.jpg
WyomingBull2016.jpg (199.41 KiB) Viewed 2327 times
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Re: NOW Is The Time To Plan For 2017!

Postby Indian Summer » 12 04, 2016 •  [Post 2]

Headin' West is also a booking agent for a couple select outfitters. I previously owned the Montana outfit and have guided for my Wyoming outfitter. I personally know the outfitters and have good friends guiding for them. I am NOT the average booking agent!

My Montana outfitter offers drop camps, semi guided hunts, and of course fully guided ones. License are 100% guaranteed.

Wyoming is fully guided only and with some creative application work we can most likely get you a tag there as well. ;)

If you want to talk about an outfitted hunt by all means let me know.
Indian Summer

Postby Hoyt59 » 12 05, 2016 •  [Post 3]

I'm in so sign me up Joe! Email is on the way!! :D
"...take your gear, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me." Gen 27:3 ;-)
Hoyt59

Postby Jay » 12 28, 2016 •  [Post 4]

I am interested in a guided hunt for 2017
Jay

Postby Indian Summer » 12 28, 2016 •  [Post 5]

Jay wrote:I am interested in a guided hunt for 2017

Shoot me a message with an email address and any questions you have Jay. Welcome to our happy home!

You have to make 3 posts though before you can send or receive PMs.
Indian Summer