Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Going once... Going twice...

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Going once... Going twice...

Postby Indian Summer » 01 24, 2019 •  [Post 1]

Just a friendly reminder: you have exactly 1 week until the deadline to apply for your Wyoming elk license.

One change this year worth mentioning is that at the time you apply you can no longer opt to purchase a preference point if you don’t draw. License application only. To obtain points you must go online during the points only period and buy one. The dates for that area July 1 to October 30.

Good luck to everyone in this year’s drawing!
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Re: Going once... Going twice...

Postby Trumkin the Dwarf » 01 24, 2019 •  [Post 2]

Thanks for keeping us up to date, Joe! Much appreciated. I'm going to CO this fall, but I might pick up a point in WY for a 2020 adventure.
Trumkin the Dwarf

First Name: Malachi
Last Name: C

Postby Indian Summer » 01 30, 2019 •  [Post 3]

Going 3 times!..... Tomorrow is your last day to apply. Getting a Wyoming elk tag would probably be the beginning to your best gameplan possible. If you’ve never hunted the Cowboy State you cannot imagine what you’re missing. I can’t remember the last time I didn’t have elk in the freezer.
Indian Summer

Postby Elkhntr08 » 01 30, 2019 •  [Post 4]

Put in for mine last night. Fingers crossed. Fall back is Idaho or Colorado. I’ll be retired, maybe all of them.
Elkhntr08

Postby Indian Summer » 02 01, 2019 •  [Post 5]

Gone!!!

Best of luck to everyone who needs it in the Wyoming drawings this year. Next on the agenda is Montana. The deadline ip there is March 15. The elk only licenses have had 100% fraw ofds. I have a bazillion hunt plans there so if you want a guaranteed license and a solid strategy shoot me a message.
Indian Summer

Postby Indian Summer » 02 20, 2019 •  [Post 6]

Draw results tomorrow (Thursday) at noon. Oh yeah!
Indian Summer

Postby Lefty » 02 20, 2019 •  [Post 7]

I had piled up a bunch of Wyoming points 14-20 years ago ,.. would I still have them?
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Indian Summer » 02 21, 2019 •  [Post 8]

Lefty wrote:I had piled up a bunch of Wyoming points 14-20 years ago ,.. would I still have them?

No. If you skip 2 years you lose them.
Indian Summer

Postby Scott69 » 03 19, 2019 •  [Post 9]

Me and my 12 year old drew our type 6 tags for a unit I'm planning to blow my points on in a year or two.This hunt will determine if I stay with that plan or try for type 6 tags in another unit I have the points to draw for bull.My son is beyond excited for his first trip out west,airplane ride and and of course the elk hunt
He has a point for deer and am considering a deer tag for him to make it a combo hunting trip.How is the Muley hunting in the bighorns regions?He's no trophy Hunter and I'd have to hold his bullets to keep him from shooting a fork horn.If anyone knows a unit with decent deer numbers from Casper to the big horns could you Pm me I'm pretty sure he can draw the regional tags with one point around the big horns
Scott69