Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Help: Using a Colorado Preference Point

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Help: Using a Colorado Preference Point

Postby Kessler10 » 03 27, 2019 •  [Post 1]

Figured this would be faster than waiting on hold for CPW. I had 19 callers ahead of me when I called.

I was issued a Preference point last year in Colorado b/c I failed to draw my first choice. I did not know this so was a bonus for me to see I had a point this year. As I went to apply this year I saw my Point balance was 1. If I use 1 Point for the area I am applying for I would draw at 100%. So I want to use this 1 point this year.

I entered my hunt code and added it to my cart, along with the required small game permit. But I did not see any place where I confirm I wanted to use my Point for this draw.

questions

1) If I enter the area/hunt code as my first choice will it automatically use my 1 preference point? Which is what I would want
2) If the answer to the above question is "no" how do I confirm I want to use my 1 point for this years draw and ensure its used to get me in the 100% to draw for this area in 2019

I really have no interest in acquiring points in Colorado, unless they are given to me for unsuccessful draws. So throwing that out there in case that is a factor into how I would apply this year.
Thanks!
Kessler10

First Name: Luke
Last Name: Kessler

Re: Help: Using a Colorado Preference Point

Postby Elkduds » 03 27, 2019 •  [Post 2]

1. Yes. In CO if you have any points, they automatically apply to your 1st choice on application. For those who do not want to use their point on 1st choice, apply for another point as 1st choice. Points are not used or awarded for any draw besides 1st choice. Good luck this fall.
Elkduds

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Scott