Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Hey Mister (or ma’am), Where Did You Get That Handle?

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Hey Mister (or ma’am), Where Did You Get That Handle?

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 06 25, 2019 •  [Post 1]

Mines pretty apparent I think. Where did you get your forum handle from?
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: Hey Mister (or ma’am), Where Did You Get That Handle?

Postby Swede » 06 25, 2019 •  [Post 2]

Somebody recognized my superior intellect and physical abilities. Well maybe not. I got the handle first in the Navy pretty much as a humorous insult. At 5 ft. 6 in. I was not the epitome of what a Swede should look like.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby RobinHood » 06 26, 2019 •  [Post 3]

Mine is also pretty straight forward: First name is Robin, shot a bow since about 1953 and I'm of English heritage. :D
"When you get to the fork in the road, take it." Yogi Berra
RobinHood

Postby Osage Outlaw » 06 26, 2019 •  [Post 4]

I use the same name on multiple forums. I make bows from osage trees. I sell bow staves from them as well. When I go to traditional archery shoots more people call me "Osage" or "Outlaw" than they do my real name.
Osage Outlaw

Postby saddlesore » 06 26, 2019 •  [Post 5]

I got mine back in the CB craze era. Friends told me I ride horses and mules more than I drive. Sorta fit
saddlesore
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby >>>---WW----> » 06 26, 2019 •  [Post 6]

Friends used to call me Wild Willy. I loved to hunt elk so I decided Wapiti Willie seemed to be a better fit. Then someone on another forum must have liked it also and they started using my handle. So, I changed it to WW. That one got stolen as well. So, I put an arrow through it and came up with >>>---WW---->.
>>>---WW---->

Postby Tigger » 06 26, 2019 •  [Post 7]

I loved Winnie the Pooh as a kid. well, I still do. If I walk by a wall of stuffed animals, I always see if they have Pooh, even though I have no interest in actually buying one. Although, come to think of it, cuddling up to a Pooh stuffy while elk hunting does seem kinda appealing.... :lol: Tigger is an offshoot of that. Kinda rolls off the tongue nice too.

Also, a long time ago, I had a friend that spelled Tiger...Tigger and rifle....riffle. I kinda thought that was kinda funny so I named my fantasy football team the Tigger Riffles. Sadly, my team has always lived up to that incompetence.
Tigger

Postby Lefty » 06 26, 2019 •  [Post 8]

I wright left handed, shoot long guns and use a hockey stick left handed

But I can use a fork either hand

I believe the day I signed on to this forum a friend had just labeled me “lefty”

On another waterfowl and trapping forum when a long ago student gave me the handle when he logged me on
Lefty

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 06 26, 2019 •  [Post 9]

Welcome to the forum RobinHood. It is good to have you here in the WapitiTalk camp. Pull up a chair and bring a cup of coffee to the campfire and join in the conversations. There are some characters here so keep your wits about you.
Swede

Postby RobinHood » 06 27, 2019 •  [Post 10]

Thanks Swede; will do!
RobinHood

Postby Swede » 06 27, 2019 •  [Post 11]

Robin: Keep an eye on the young bulls here as we get closer to the hunting season and the rut. They will be jostling for dominance and displaying for the ladies. It is entertaining as they do all kind of crazy things to "get ready". The old bulls watch with a sense of dejavu as they go on chewing the cud and keeping stock of things.
Swede

Postby Tigger » 06 27, 2019 •  [Post 12]

and some of the super old bulls sit on the sidelin…..er in a treestand and watch the middle aged bulls reap all of the rewards! :o
Tigger

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 06 27, 2019 •  [Post 13]

Reminds me of a clip off the movie Colors with Robert Duvall/Sean Penn. Robert Duvall (on his last day on the job before retirement) tells the joke, trying to make a point to the high strung, young cop (Sean Penn). "There were two bulls sitting up on a sunny hillside, watching a herd of cows below. They young bull sais, hey... let's run down there and kiss one of those cows. The old bull sais, no... let's walk down there and kiss em all". :D
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Swede » 06 27, 2019 •  [Post 14]

Tigger wrote:and some of the super old bulls sit on the sidelin…..er in a treestand and watch the middle aged bulls reap all of the rewards!

Or the old geezer is sitting in camp, sipping a hot cup of coffee when the young/middle aged bull comes hobbling in with sore feet and blisters. The young bull says "I hiked 17 miles today and saw two herds of elk. What did you do? The geezer says "I saw one elk and shot it about 9:00 this morning. It is in the meat locker in town. After taking it in, I bought some groceries and had a store bought dinner? The stove is still over there if you are hungry to fix something hot. If you hurry out in the morning I am sure you will be able to chase one down tomorrow."
Swede

Postby RobinHood » 07 02, 2019 •  [Post 15]

Swede, I'll try to watch them. I've earned the "old geezer" status the old fashion way, by simply not dying. As was said by others, work smarter not harder. As for now, I'll go back to sitting on the proch in my rocking chair and yelling at the neighbor kids to "get off the grass!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
RobinHood

Postby Trophyhill » 07 03, 2019 •  [Post 16]

I took mine from a group of desert hills my friends and I had started calling trophy hills. (Mule Deer)
Certified Elk Junky
Trophyhill

First Name: David
Last Name: B

Postby JJ Overkill » 07 06, 2019 •  [Post 17]

My friends have noticed throughout the years I have a tendency of going bigger than needed. A couple of examples, 3 1/2” 12ga #2shot for teal, 390gr 50 cal bullet with 150grs of powder for whitetail and of course an 80# 30” PSE Omen shooting a 727gr arrow for anything on this planet :lol: I’ve been called JJ Overkill for awhile
PSE PRO STAFF since 2013,
JJ Overkill

First Name: jeremy