Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Listen Up

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Listen Up

Postby Swede » 07 07, 2019 •  [Post 1]

Ok all you jerks, trouble makers, and malcontents; I will be heading out on my week long scouting trip at zero dark thirty in the morning. Lets keep it moving here and clean, and do not have too much fun. Don't make me reprimand you when I get back.
I will be reviewing some new areas and setting up some trail cameras. You will be informed of any or all trivial findings when I get back, but will not bore you with any useful information.
Anyway as you know you will be missed and I will look forward to getting back. I believe.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: Listen Up

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 07 07, 2019 •  [Post 2]

Good scouting old friend. Hope you remembered to pack a few cans of your favorite chow, Stagg Chili 8-)
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby >>>---WW----> » 07 07, 2019 •  [Post 3]

We'll all be good little Do-Bees if you promise to fill us in on all the honey holes you find when you get back.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Lefty » 07 07, 2019 •  [Post 4]

Swede wrote:Ok all you jerks, trouble makers, and malcontents; I will be heading out on my week long scouting trip at zero dark thirty in the morning. Lets keep it moving here and clean, and do not have too much fun. Don't make me reprimand you when I get back.
I will be reviewing some new areas and setting up some trail cameras. You will be informed of any or all trivial findings when I get back, but will not bore you with any useful information.
Anyway as you know you will be missed and I will look forward to getting back. I believe.
:lol: :twisted:

I'll be gone too
So pile it on
Lefty

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby MtnOak » 07 07, 2019 •  [Post 5]

We'll be here...………..bring those honey holes back too! :lol:
MtnOak

Postby Indian Summer » 07 08, 2019 •  [Post 6]

Good luck Swede. I hope you see something that gets you excited for your upcoming season. I ran an ad in the classifieds to fill your position. As the saying goes don’t get to attached to your job because when you’re gone the ad to fill your spot will be in the paper before your obituary! :lol:
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Tigger » 07 08, 2019 •  [Post 7]

Finally some peace and quiet! We can finally get back on topic about the best Sitka layer to kill elk!

I hope Swede doesn't get misidentified as a homeless vagrant by the authorities and picked up due to all of his mismatched Goodwill clothing. On the other hand, it might do him some good!! :shock:

Here's to good scouting Swede! :D
Tigger

Postby >>>---WW----> » 07 08, 2019 •  [Post 8]

As per Indian Summers request:

JOB WANTED: Moderator for Wapiti Talk Forums. No pay but lots of benefits include taking flack from the rest of us peons and getting to look at Big Red pictures. You can look but don't touch!! Apply in person at the Walla Walla airport in the first class section of the Wapiti Talk private jet.

DISCLAIMER!!!!!!: I am not responsible for the contents of this message as I'm presently having a senior moment :o :shock: :lol:
>>>---WW---->

Postby Swede » 07 14, 2019 •  [Post 9]

Ok. I'm back and uncertain if this place can be salvaged. I knew when I left that the malcontents and trouble makers would run amuck, but I did not anticipate the dinosaurs coming out.
Anyway I set out some cameras, developed some good tree stand locations, found a coupe of more likely areas, and have a good camp spotted. And No, I am not telling you where any of these locations are especially where my camp will be. The last thing I need is a bunch of uninvited dinner guests.
It was fun to have my grandson with me. He got to do some driving, shoot my new rifle , do a few camp chores, and hike and hike some more. He learned some new stuff for him. He saw where a bull peed, and where a bull came in to the water hole he had cleaned out and made usable two days earlier. It sure does not take long for elk to find a new water hole.
Anyway I am tired, but happy. and it is good to be back in camp.
Swede

Postby Swede » 08 18, 2019 •  [Post 10]

It's that time again WT critters. I am off early tomorrow for hunting camp. I hope to be back within three weeks, but I could be as much as five. Keep things orderly and sane here. That includes you I.S., Lefty and Tigger. Try to stifle the urge to go off track on some cockamamie half baked advise on how to salt an elk's tail so you can get a clear shot at it. Also I don't care if even Elknut would endorse it, cupping your hand and placing it in your armpit while forcing your arm down over your cupped hand, to make a farting sound is NOT a legitimate elk call.
I know that while I am gone many of you will be away also. Some will leave shortly after I return. Good luck and best wishes to all. Hopefully when I get back the 2019 WT meat pole will be loaded to the breaking point.
Swede

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 08 18, 2019 •  [Post 11]

Go get um brother. Safe travels over and throughout your hunt and looking forward to your report upon return. RJ
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Lefty » 08 18, 2019 •  [Post 12]

Ahh good riddance!! :lol:
\

Actually Im a bit jealous of Swedes leave
Lefty

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H