Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Guided Archery / MZ Hunt 2020

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Guided Archery / MZ Hunt 2020

Postby LarryBud » 12 06, 2019 •  [Post 1]

Hi Folks,

My Son and I have been Elk Hunting in CO for the past 3 years. The first year, I shot a dandy 6X6. Whether it was luck or skill ( much of the former and a little of the latter ) it was awesome. Year 2 I had no tag, was caller and we had many encounters, but no joy. Still a great hunt. Year 3, last year, we hunted the same territory but the Elk were a no show. We moved mountains and went to plan B, C and D but it was a tough hunt. No encounters for a weeks effort.

I would like to hire a guide and do a great hunt somewhere. Ideally, I would come along but not hunt as I want it to be all about the Boy. We have one point in each WY and AZ. That’s it.

Any suggestions? For a guide to put us on either a quality archery or MZ hunt? I know it will cost a little but my mountain climbing are numbers.
LarryBud

Re: Guided Archery / MZ Hunt 2020

Postby Swede » 12 06, 2019 •  [Post 2]

Guided hunts can be great or a disaster. I would either contact Indian Summer right here by sending him a PM or call Cabelas and ask for their outfitter services. I.S. is going to treat you right and Cabelas does not work with any unscrupulous or unqualified outfitters. Bear Paw outfitters that advertises on the forum may be great, but I just do not know them at all.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics