Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Do you ever dream about elk hunting? We do.

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Postby Freebird134 » 06 15, 2012 •  [Post 1]

Do you guys ever have any good dreams about elk hunting? I know me and my hunting buddy do. At least once a week, one of us is calling or texting the other with some elk hunting dream. Last night I dreamed we were in our elk hunting spot, but all we could see were whitetails. A whole herd of monster whitetails, with giant racks, but we were mad because they weren't elk (in reality, since these dream deer were probably 200-300" B&C bucks, I'd forget about elk in a heartbeat!). Then I saw a mountain lion, but it looked like an African lioness....just in the mountains. Then I woke up.

Anyone else have some crazy, memorable elk hunting dreams? Or have we just gone off the deep end. Come on, I know you have some dreams too.... :)

I have to share this one I got from my hunting buddy a couple weeks ago. I was at the gym trying to lift, and he was texting me this dream. I had to stop exercising because I was laughing so much!!! It's screenshots from my phone...wasn't sure how to best upload it but hopefully you can read it. I'm not so sure I want to spend 9 days in the backcountry alone with this nutjob! ;)

dream.png
dream.png (249.04 KiB) Viewed 4033 times
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon

Postby iRem » 06 15, 2012 •  [Post 2]

The text is fricken hoularius!!
iRem

Re: Do you ever dream about elk hunting? We do.

Postby Freebird134 » 06 15, 2012 •  [Post 3]

I'm glad you agree!! I was trying to focus, doing squats.....and busting my gut over this text! The guy at the rack next to me gave me some pretty weird looks!
Freebird134

Postby iRem » 06 15, 2012 •  [Post 4]

I think I would too!! Lol
iRem

Postby Elktracker » 06 15, 2012 •  [Post 5]

Funny stuff! I day dream about Elk hunting all the time year around but it gets worse this close to season!

Josh
Elktracker

Postby LckyTylr » 06 15, 2012 •  [Post 6]

I'm just happy to know that I'm not the only one with INCREDIBLY F'ed up dreams that make ZERO sense, and I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one that shares them with others.

I have only had one Elk dream, again, he was talking to me, but I don't remember it very well.

Buckle your seatbelts folks.

One dream that I have over and over and OVER again is when I'm whitetail hunting with a slingshot, walking down a trail in the woods. I round a bend in the trail and I see bigfoot stooped over a puddle in the trail using his hand to ladle water to his mouth. He looks at me like he's going to eat me, which pisses me off so I scream some obscenity at him and run full charge at him (realistically I'd piss my pants and have a heart attack). He jumps up and takes off bushwacking down the hill, across the valley and half way up the other hill while I'm screaming like a banchee. He's much faster, so by the time he gets half way up the other hill, I'm only in the meadow and can't see him anymore. I stop to think for a minute and realize that it's probably not smart to chase bigfoot, then he comes hauling ass out of the brush with a deafening roar. Literally, in my dream it makes me think that he could put a train whistle to shame. I start running up the hill but my legs are like rubber, slow and heavy, I trip over blades of grass and he's right on top of me so I roll over, stand up and charge him again. This happens a few more times until I finally make it back to the trail with him hot on my heels and I wake up, ready to die of fright.

How stupid is that? I don't believe in bigfoot, but my imagination sure does paint a believable picture of him, that dream sometimes circulates through my thoughts when walking to my hunting spot in the dark by myself. I get nervous when I see puddles in the trail, wondering if I'm being watched. :shock: Stupid sub-conscience!!!
LckyTylr

First Name: Tyler
Last Name: Sisson

Postby Elktracker » 06 15, 2012 •  [Post 7]

LckyTylr wrote:I'm just happy to know that I'm not the only one with INCREDIBLY F'ed up dreams that make ZERO sense, and I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one that shares them with others.

I have only had one Elk dream, again, he was talking to me, but I don't remember it very well.

Buckle your seatbelts folks.

One dream that I have over and over and OVER again is when I'm whitetail hunting with a slingshot, walking down a trail in the woods. I round a bend in the trail and I see bigfoot stooped over a puddle in the trail using his hand to ladle water to his mouth. He looks at me like he's going to eat me, which pisses me off so I scream some obscenity at him and run full charge at him (realistically I'd piss my pants and have a heart attack). He jumps up and takes off bushwacking down the hill, across the valley and half way up the other hill while I'm screaming like a banchee. He's much faster, so by the time he gets half way up the other hill, I'm only in the meadow and can't see him anymore. I stop to think for a minute and realize that it's probably not smart to chase bigfoot, then he comes hauling ass out of the brush with a deafening roar. Literally, in my dream it makes me think that he could put a train whistle to shame. I start running up the hill but my legs are like rubber, slow and heavy, I trip over blades of grass and he's right on top of me so I roll over, stand up and charge him again. This happens a few more times until I finally make it back to the trail with him hot on my heels and I wake up, ready to die of fright.

How stupid is that? I don't believe in bigfoot, but my imagination sure does paint a believable picture of him, that dream sometimes circulates through my thoughts when walking to my hunting spot in the dark by myself. I get nervous when I see puddles in the trail, wondering if I'm being watched. :shock: Stupid sub-conscience!!!

Thats pretty funny as well but you dont believe in BIGFOOT!!!! :cry:
Elktracker

Postby Freebird134 » 06 15, 2012 •  [Post 8]

Elktracker wrote:Thats pretty funny as well but you dont believe in BIGFOOT!!!! :cry:

Yeah! Who doesn't believe in bigfoot??? lol Image
Freebird134

Postby elkmtngear » 06 15, 2012 •  [Post 9]

I never smoke whatever that guy texting did before I go to sleep....however, I do dream about elk. They always win in my dreams. Then, I wake up, and they still win 90 percent of the time. I live for that 10 percent ;)
Best of Luck,
Jeff (Elknut Forums Sponsor)
http://elkmtngear.com/blog/elk-mountain/introducing-the-worlds-most-versatile-blind
the Elk Mountain SLIP System...SLIP it on, SLIP in, and get the SHOT!
elkmtngear
Site Sponsor