Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Portland, OR Sportsman show

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Portland, OR Sportsman show

Postby flystrait » 02 05, 2013 •  [Post 1]

Is anyone plan on attending the Portland sportsman show this weekend?
flystrait

Re: Portland, OR Sportsman show

Postby Swede » 02 05, 2013 •  [Post 2]

I plan to go on Thursday. I hope to miss some of the crowd. I don't see any great seminars, but thought I might sit in on the one about field dressing big game. I see Glen Berry is back again. Can't they find someone with something new to offer?
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby elkmtngear » 02 05, 2013 •  [Post 3]

Rats, I wanted to do that Show this Year....I'll make it a point to have a booth next Year, I have heard good things about it from a vendor standpoint

Best Wishes,
Jeff
Best of Luck,
Jeff (Elknut Forums Sponsor)
http://elkmtngear.com/blog/elk-mountain/introducing-the-worlds-most-versatile-blind
the Elk Mountain SLIP System...SLIP it on, SLIP in, and get the SHOT!
elkmtngear
Site Sponsor

Postby Swede » 02 05, 2013 •  [Post 4]

Jeff, the show is ok. Anyway I would like to see your booth. I would stop by and visit for awhile. I go about every other year, as the shows are pretty much the same year to year. Let us know if you get set up there.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby elkmtngear » 02 05, 2013 •  [Post 5]

That would be great, Swede. I would really enjoy an opportunity to talk elk hunting with you.

Here's a shot of our booth at RMEF Elk Camp in 2012

Best of Luck,
http://elkmtngear.com/blog/elk-mountain/introducing-the-worlds-most-versatile-blind
elkmtngear
Site Sponsor

Postby ceetoo » 02 05, 2013 •  [Post 6]

Jeff -- I remember your booth from RMEF last year. Much bigger crowds at the Portland show. Not sure about the ratio of shoppers to buyers though.

flystrait -- If I'm not busy washing my hair, I'm thinking I'll head to the show Saturday...
ceetoo

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 02 05, 2013 •  [Post 7]

ceetoo wrote:Jeff -- I remember your booth from RMEF last year. Much bigger crowds at the Portland show. Not sure about the ratio of shoppers to buyers though.

flystrait -- If I'm not busy washing my hair, I'm thinking I'll head to the show Saturday...

So Craig... Does your hunting partner wash his hair in the wilds of MT? :D I mean, that's OK.. really. Hope you don't have to rinse it for him... :P

Wish I could make it down.. Lovestobowhunt (Colette has her anti-predator booth going also).
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby elkmtngear » 02 05, 2013 •  [Post 8]

ceetoo wrote:Jeff -- I remember your booth from RMEF last year. Much bigger crowds at the Portland show. Not sure about the ratio of shoppers to buyers though.

ceetoo, that is why we bailed on Medford and Sacramento this Year....too many "tire kickers".....not enough buyers. We did great at RMEF percentage-wise, and also at the NABA Show last weekend (only about 35 dealers showed up but we sold about a third of them).

I heard from other vendors Portland would be a good fit for us....I hope it is good for everybody this Year.
Best of Luck,
elkmtngear
Site Sponsor

Postby ceetoo » 02 05, 2013 •  [Post 9]

Jeff -- Most of the negative comments on other forums about the Portland show are centered on the crowds. From an attendee perspective, I can't disagree.

RJ -- I've said it before. "What happens in elk camp, can be shared with world!"

You should try to make it down Saturday. Would be good to catch up.

Cheers,
-c2
ceetoo

Postby flystrait » 02 05, 2013 •  [Post 10]

Phantom16 wrote:

So Craig... Does your hunting partner wash his hair in the wilds of MT? :D I mean, that's OK.. really. Hope you don't have to rinse it for him... :P

Wish I could make it down.. Lovestobowhunt (Colette has her anti-predator booth going also).

We help each other with alot of things.. And Regardless what he says "what happens at elk camp stays at elk camp"..
flystrait

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 02 05, 2013 •  [Post 11]

ceetoo wrote:Jeff -- Most of the negative comments on other forums about the Portland show are centered on the crowds. From an attendee perspective, I can't disagree.

RJ -- I've said it before. "What happens in elk camp, can be shared with world!"

You should try to make it down Saturday. Would be good to catch up.

Cheers,
-c2

Will do my best. Gotta check the ballisics at the homefront first :).. I do like Portland, great food. Would certainly like to bump into you old friend.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby flystrait » 02 05, 2013 •  [Post 12]

I will be there on Sat..And maybe Sunday if c2 takes me.
flystrait

Postby wideangle » 02 06, 2013 •  [Post 13]

Yes the crowds can be intimidating, however, as a fisherman and archery hunter I see much of interest every year.
I did book an OTC drop-camp rifle hunt there last year with Jon Sund, Eagle Mountain Outfitters.
It was a great great hunt. Excellent service and excellent equipment.
wideangle

First Name: Joseph

Postby Bow4Elk » 02 08, 2013 •  [Post 14]

I will be going on Saturday as well. More people but what the heck. Just move slower and see more. It would be fun to run into some of you there but we need some kind of hat or something for us all to wear from Elknut forums. Some way we can recognize each other.
Bow4Elk

First Name: Ron

Postby pointysticks » 02 08, 2013 •  [Post 15]

is there a listing of vendors that is going to be there?
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby ceetoo » 02 08, 2013 •  [Post 16]

pointysticks wrote:is there a listing of vendors that is going to be there?

pointysticks -- Here's the list: http://www.thesportshows.com/pnwss/exhibitor-list/

Bow4Elk wrote:I will be going on Saturday as well. More people but what the heck. Just move slower and see more. It would be fun to run into some of you there but we need some kind of hat or something for us all to wear from Elknut forums. Some way we can recognize each other.

Bow4Elk -- I'll be wearing my brown Kuiu cap and will have a Mystery Ranch 3-day Assault on my back. If you don't see me, just holler, "Hey @$$hole!" I respond well to that too.... ; ) Suspect flystait may have a grey/black Kuiu cap on as well.

Cheers,
-c2
ceetoo