Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

camo

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

camo

Postby NCelkhtr » 07 02, 2013 •  [Post 1]

I am trying to find some deals on camo but that is turning out to be just about impossible. Theres no way I can afford the Kuiu, but I do really like the ASAT and Predator camos. Does anyone know of a place that has good deals, or even decent prices on either of these?
NCelkhtr

First Name: Zack
Last Name: Benfield

Re: camo

Postby RockChucker30 » 07 02, 2013 •  [Post 2]

The ASAT leafy suit is affordable if you just want camo. It is highly, highly effective. You can wear normal outdoor clothing underneath, then throw on the leafy jacket if you want to be better hidden. Personally I'd just wear earthtone pants, but you can wear the ASAT pants if you want to be fully camoed.
Paradox Packs
Performance Driven Backpacks
RockChucker30
Site Sponsor

First Name: Nathan
Last Name: Coleman

Postby NCelkhtr » 07 02, 2013 •  [Post 3]

I know the leafy stuff helps and I use it some for turkey hunting but I really dont like it. It seams to always get hung on something or get in the way
NCelkhtr

First Name: Zack
Last Name: Benfield

Postby Migolito » 07 02, 2013 •  [Post 4]

RockChucker30 wrote:The ASAT leafy suit is affordable if you just want camo. It is highly, highly effective. You can wear normal outdoor clothing underneath, then throw on the leafy jacket if you want to be better hidden. Personally I'd just wear earthtone pants, but you can wear the ASAT pants if you want to be fully camoed.

Yup. I use the suit so I can use my backpacking non-camo clothes underneath. I've had deer/elk dang near feed on me :)

Don't be afraid to alter the suit to tailor fit your needs. Add some velcro, elastic, whatever.
Migolito

First Name: Mike

Postby Jaquomo » 07 02, 2013 •  [Post 5]

Watch the daily deals on Camofire.

Then as my hunting buddy in Austraila said, "Camo Schmamo". There's a lot of truth in that.
Jaquomo

Postby buglmin » 07 02, 2013 •  [Post 6]

I only wear the jacket of the leafy suit and regular ASAT pants. And if I remember right, you can but off the website. I used to be a dealer for ASAT, and can say the stuff is very amazing when it comes to breaking up the human outline. Go to the website and look at the pictures.
buglmin

Postby Accipiter » 07 02, 2013 •  [Post 7]

Kings Camo has really good deals in their Special's section at : http://www.kingscamo.com/ I really like the quality of their camo and fit in the western terrain. Have to second the leafy wear, I have two sets for different areas for coyote hunting and they work real well.
Accipiter

First Name: Eric
Last Name: Van Eck

Postby pointysticks » 07 03, 2013 •  [Post 8]

i love my predator green pants. they are like Carhart jeans in camo. tough. i cut one pair trying to do a chuck norris thru some barbwire, but some thread pulled it all back together. i got them relatively cheap when a bow shop went out of business. i bet i got the last 3 pair.

for more performance camo..i would shop the classifieds at AT.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby wideangle » 07 03, 2013 •  [Post 9]

I wear a green or red plaid wool shirt on cool mornings and I believe it works very well as camo.
I set up in the shadows. I also try to have a background to break up my outline.
These shirts are available in resale shops, ebay or etsy.com. for very modest prices.
wideangle

First Name: Joseph

Postby cnelk » 07 03, 2013 •  [Post 10]

Zack
You wont go wrong wearing some Army BDUs...
Especially up there where I think you are headed....
cnelk

First Name: Brad
Last Name: K

Postby ChukarNUT » 07 14, 2013 •  [Post 11]

i just bought a set of Rocky camo. synthetic-fast drying lightweight material. paid almost $200 for a cabelas/very similar set a few seasons ago. $50 total off of sierratradingpost.com. they always have discounts-free shipping-etc. sign up with them and you will get emails daily for even bigger discounts. they have alot of other options in camo as well. also a great source for hunting/backpacking boots. i use asolo backpacking boots year round for hunting and hiking and get them $100 cheaper than anywhere else. GREAT company-easy no hassle return policy. when i question sizes i usually buy a few sizes and just return the unwanted sizes. never an issue. free returns and get the credit back on charge the same week.
ChukarNUT

First Name: Brian

Postby WindedBowhunter » 07 15, 2013 •  [Post 12]

NCelkhtr wrote:I am trying to find some deals on camo but that is turning out to be just about impossible. Theres no way I can afford the Kuiu, but I do really like the ASAT and Predator camos. Does anyone know of a place that has good deals, or even decent prices on either of these?

NCelkhtr We are an dealer for First Lite, we offer 10% off on all purchases to all ElkNut Forum members, just enter "elknuts" for your coupon code!
Keep the wind in your face
Certified NASP & Explore Bowhunting Instructor
APA Archery, Victory Arrows, Hamskea, Stokerized ProStaff
WindedBowhunter
Site Sponsor

First Name: Rudy
Last Name: Hassall