Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Insoles for Elk Hunting

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Insoles for Elk Hunting

Postby welka » 07 05, 2013 •  [Post 1]

I have researched this on other sites (AT, BS) and know that it is a very specific situation for each person based on their feet and boot type. However, I thought I would ask those who cover similar ground (the mountains chasing elk) for any specifics around what type of insole they use in their hunting boot (if any).
There are insoles for cushioning, support, or a combo. I am specifically asking about the best type of insole for cushioning as my feet are a mess and I have finally found a boot that works (Meindl Denalis), but the insole that come with the boot and the boot sole are very hard.

So, what is the best cushioning insole out there? Thanks in advance.
welka

Re: Insoles for Elk Hunting

Postby eltaco » 07 05, 2013 •  [Post 2]

I'm using a blue "SOLE" insoles. Every persons foot is different, but this one fit my arches nicely and has foam cushioning as well. I have them in my Meindls and would be lost without them!
eltaco

Postby Miller1 » 07 05, 2013 •  [Post 3]

You should try the meindl perfekt insoles, they came stock in my perfekt hikers and i have tried superfeet and a few other brands but keep coming back to the perfekts.
Miller1

First Name: Rick
Last Name: Miller

Postby Indian Summer » 07 05, 2013 •  [Post 4]

After elk hunting season the bottoms of my feet were POUNDED. Early this past winter I got an email from Kenetrek about a new insole they were offering. It sounded like the cat's behind so I ordered a set. I tried them during the Pa deer season and man were they night and day from the originals that came with the boot. No more sore feet! I had a post on here about them and Solitude said compared to the Superfeet they were great. That's the only comparison I can give you. Check out the description on their website Greg. Good luck with those feet.... and knees!

A link for your convenience brother: http://www.kenetrek.com/prodinfo.asp?number=KE-XD289
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Accipiter » 07 05, 2013 •  [Post 5]

I found Langer PPT insoles sold by http://www.langerbiomechanics.com/Pract ... ducts.aspx The only way you can get the PPT material is through our local Podiatrist. I found it easy for our Doctors office to order the insoles. This PPT material is great and isn't real expensive it is is an advanced foam type insoles that really helped my feet.
Accipiter

First Name: Eric
Last Name: Van Eck

Postby pointysticks » 07 06, 2013 •  [Post 6]

all my footwear have Superfeet in them.

maybe a placebo affect, but i dont have any issues. i might try to order those kenetrek ones linked about. (thanks I.S.) stuff them into my schnee boots. i dont suffer too badly, but more comfort is always welcomed.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Insoles for Elk Hunting

Postby Solitude » 07 06, 2013 •  [Post 7]

All my shoes are wide, no exceptinn.
Solitude

Insoles for Elk Hunting

Postby Solitude » 07 06, 2013 •  [Post 8]

Hit send too quick...sorry. All my shoes are wide. The Superfeet run narrow in the heal and the cup is basic
Solitude

Insoles for Elk Hunting

Postby Solitude » 07 06, 2013 •  [Post 9]

Basically plastic with "some" Cushion. The new K inserts have worked out much better for my bit wider heal. I agree with Indian Summer.

Sorry for the multiple posts.
Solitude

Postby eriks. » 07 07, 2013 •  [Post 10]

I just got a pair of SoleSupports. They are cast to your foot so it's custom. So far they have been great. I'm in construction and on my feet constantly- up and down ladders and climbing scaffolding. My back has been a mess for a long time and I get an extended amount of time without back pain with them in. They are very supportive in the arch and it takes a ton of weight off of my heel and toes.
eriks.

First Name: erik
Last Name: simmons

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 07 07, 2013 •  [Post 11]

I use $1 a pair army combat boot insoles.. They're just a thick foam design. Throw em away after elk season ends. Geez, wonder my feet are so trashed :).. Spose it's time I look at some better quality pads for my hunting boots.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ