Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Demoted!!!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Demoted!!!

Postby Harmy » 07 09, 2013 •  [Post 1]

It was a sad day today when I realized my recent graduation from ElkNut's classes of Spike to Raghorn was pulled from me. Obviously the quality of my educational progress was in severe question and so I must be sent back and repeat my classwork... I suspect the Dean of our School Mr. Swede has been deleting obviously erroneous posts making me slip back in my elk educational pursuits. Thanks Swede for keeping me honest...
Harmy

First Name: Chris

Re: Demoted!!!

Postby Freebird134 » 07 09, 2013 •  [Post 2]

Why were your posts deleted.....and how many!??!?!
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon

Postby Harmy » 07 09, 2013 •  [Post 3]

I surpassed the 200 mark about a week ago and on my one year anniversary of being converted to elk nuttiness. Now I will just have to post a bunch of random junk to get back to my previous rank. :o Well, maybe that won't be such a good idea... I am probably better off staying perpetually in the spike category. Makes it so I always have much much more to learn :D
Harmy

Postby Freebird134 » 07 09, 2013 •  [Post 4]

Harmy wrote:Now I will just have to post a bunch of random junk to get back to my previous rank.

That's what I did..... :D
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon

Postby Swede » 07 09, 2013 •  [Post 5]

Harmy: I have no idea why you were demoted. I do not think I did it. It must hurt to have to revert to being a spike, just when as a raghorn you feel that first sudden rush you get from testosterone kicking in. I may have deleted 10 individual posts total, including one of Elknut's and one of mine. There were a couple of threads where I removed a few very irrelevant posts, and I accidently deleted one thread, but it had only about 7 posts on it. The vast majority of threads I have transferred to the archives are totally unedited. Are you sure you are not trying to scam someone to get credit for some additional posts? :D
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Swede » 07 09, 2013 •  [Post 6]

If people are losing a significant number of posts, then maybe someone needs to look around to find the leak in the boat. In the meantime you can post all the garbage you want on this thread. I highly doubt anything we say here will go to the archives. LOL
In all seriousness, I have never given any thought to the value, or lack thereof to any rank on this forum. I know there are very competent elk hunters here. Being a calf is no reflection of hunter knowledge. The words of wisdom of the "calf" here are beyond measure. I sure hope no one uses the forum rankings we see as a measure of anything, other than recognition of the frequency of that person's posting. In my case it is only an indicator of how talkative I can be.
Swede

Postby Harmy » 07 09, 2013 •  [Post 7]

LOL......... It is best that I am kept in my proper place :mrgreen: Obviously I shall remain a satellite a while longer or even be demoted further back to my momma's side :lol: . Actually, this makes me realize this is probably a feature of the forum. Even though we attain a certain rank and number of points in our rack for posting, if we do not keep at it our points rub off on the fur trees and alders or simply break off as we lock horns with you true Royals for not posting regularly enough... That must be it. Serves me right for taking several months off to work instead of lurking here where I belong.
Harmy

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 07 09, 2013 •  [Post 8]

I blame Swede. That's it.....yep...sure thing....blaming Swede! :D

On a serious note, I'll look into the logs to see what happened.
JohnFitzgerald

Postby Swede » 07 09, 2013 •  [Post 9]

Harmy: I appreciate your sense of humor about this. I can think of no other answer than I deleted your posts. If I did, I was unaware that I was deleting anywhere near that many. If I "demoted" you, it was certainly an oversight on my part, and I am truly sorry. Just like everyone who posts, you are a very valuable part of the Elknut camp. Keep posting.
Swede

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 07 09, 2013 •  [Post 10]

Swede - Darn it! Couldn't find anything that you did wrong! I was so looking forward to docking your pay. What's half of $0? :D

Harmon - looked at the logs and everything looks normal. Our forum moderators are doing a great job building up the archived tips forum so I'm assuming some of your posts got removed. Feel free to post 15 additional times on this thread to get your rank back to raghorn.
JohnFitzgerald

Postby Harmy » 07 09, 2013 •  [Post 11]

Yep, deletion of erroneous junk will get me every time. Maybe I celebrated a bit too much last week when I "thought" I graduated to raghorn.
Harmy

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 07 09, 2013 •  [Post 12]

Only 14 more Harmy. :lol:

p.s. Sorry I called you Harmon! A 6 hour drive with 2 kids will wear a guy down.
JohnFitzgerald

Postby Vanish » 07 10, 2013 •  [Post 13]

I doubt I posted in any useful threads, so this one is just cause :lol:
Vanish

First Name: Ryan
Last Name: Driskel

Postby eltaco » 07 10, 2013 •  [Post 14]

I only post in Tapatalk.... I don't know if I'm a spike or 6-pt.

I love finding spikes who think they're herd bulls... perhaps I just realized I am one...
eltaco

Postby pd » 07 10, 2013 •  [Post 15]

JohnFitzgerald wrote:Swede - Darn it! Couldn't find anything that you did wrong! I was so looking forward to docking your pay. What's half of $0? :D

You guys make me laugh! This is truly a great site.

Now if Mr. Phelps would hurry up and schedule his calling clinic.
pd

First Name: p
Last Name: d