Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

GPS Maps

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

GPS Maps

Postby Kirsch » 07 23, 2013 •  [Post 1]

I wanted to introduce myself and my company to the ELKNut Community and offer my help and advice to any members of the ElkNut Forums. My name is Korey Kirschenmann and I am the owner of Kirsch's Outdoor Products and the creator of the TRAX series of GPS maps. We have recently joined as a sponsor to the ElkNut Forums.

Overview:
Think of a TRAX map as an all-around GPS map live on your GPS. It is like taking the best of your topo, forest service, state game and fish, BLM, PLAT, road atlas, and more and combining them on your GPS. The maps do not become too busy due to the ability of the GPS to adjust detail based on zoom level. In addition, TRAX maps have the unique ability to turn off layers. This allows the user the ability to turn off topo, sections, water, land, and more based on their current outdoor activity.

Let's say you hear an elk bugle over the next ridge. The TRAX map can tell you, is the bull on public land, is it in the right zone or hunting unit, is it in a wilderness area or not, what is the best path to get to the bull based on the topography and much more. You can verify this all in about 2 seconds by looking at the GPS. There will be no uncertainty as to where you might be.

States:
Kirsch's Outdoor Products creates GPS Hunting maps for many of the key Elk states including AZ, CO, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA, and WY. In addition, ND and MN maps are also available. The states are sold individually or can be purchased as part of a Regional Package. TRAXNW includes ID, OR, and WA or TRAXWest includes ND, MT, WY, CO, UT, NM, AZ, and NV.

Uses:
The TRAX maps are not restricted or limited to just Elk Hunting as they can be used for virtually any outdoor activity. Some of the more common uses include hunting, fishing, prospecting, camping, hiking, and surveying.

GPS Types:
Garmin - Virtually any Garmin GPS which accepts a memory card (automotive, handheld, 2-way radio, dog unit, aviation)
Magellan - Explorist x10 series handhelds only. Download from Magellan's website only.

Due to the nature of our business, I will do what I can to help out on Forum questions pertaining to GPS devices and GPS Mapping.

Korey Kirschenmann
Owner: Kirsch's Outdoor Products
Email: kirschtrax@hotmail.com
Phone: (701) 261-9017
Kirsch
Site Sponsor

First Name: Korey
Last Name: Kirschenmann

Re: GPS Maps

Postby ElkNut1 » 07 23, 2013 •  [Post 2]

I talked with Korey on the phone today & wow what a wealth of knowledge this guy is! If any are interested in his mapping technical skills along with your GPS this is the guy to talk with, I was extremely impressed & have an SD Card coming for Idaho, can't wait to see the 1.24000 mapping!

If you have any questions I'm sure he'd be happy to answer them?

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Re: GPS Maps

Postby Z Barebow » 07 24, 2013 •  [Post 3]

I have purcahsed Korey's maps and will be putting them to the test in a couple of weeks on a scouting trip. I know I am able to find out who my neighbors are!

I had plenty of questions for him before I pulled the trigger and he answered all of them promptly. Great customer service.
Z Barebow

First Name: Brian
Last Name: Zastoupil