Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Come on Elk season

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Come on Elk season

Postby G Posik » 07 27, 2013 •  [Post 1]

Well this year I will be taking my hunting partner again! Her name is Lyudmila (Pronounced La MayLa). She is 62" tall and super deadly. With her as a hunting partner we are catching up with Parvo with critters killed. She is 70# @ 28" and I pull her 29-1/4. She is my longbow. We leave for Colorado in 31 days. We get there a couple days early and will find elk and wait till the opening bell.
This is 5 shots at 20 yards.

Glenn
G Posik

First Name: Glenn
Last Name: Posik

Re: Come on Elk season

Postby mtnmutt » 07 27, 2013 •  [Post 2]

WOW!

We can only see about half of Lyudmila. She is beautiful.

Sure hope you guys leave one elk out there for me ;)

Setting cams next weekend and doing scouting. Shot bow the last 3 days to re-sight after moving my sight for a new quiver. Love my "new" improved shoulder after 12 weeks of PT. Will shoot again tomorrow to reverify pins. Broadhead shooting starting next week.

Anxious, very anxious. Like waiting for school to let out for the summer when you are a kid.
mtnmutt

Postby Swede » 07 27, 2013 •  [Post 3]

I am gone all next week (Mon.-Fri.) to visit my hunting grounds and size things up. Just 27 days until the season starts for me. This is the time of the year I am checking and rechecking things, wondering if I am really ready. To be honest, I like to leave as little as possible up to chance. I do not like old Chance as he is totally unreliable.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Come on Elk season

Postby G Posik » 07 27, 2013 •  [Post 4]

Mtnmutt thanks she is really a beauty. this is my favorite bow. even thought i told my Bowyer i wanted a not so pretty bow. well he messed up and made this beauty. I will try to get a better picture and post. when are are you headed out? What part of the state. This way I know where to leave one or two. Good luck to you and hope the shoulder keeps getting better.

Swede - I have already started double and triple checking my list. I am down to making my peanut butter, Honey &bacon bagel sandwiches. I am like you do not like to chance things.

My intentions this year is to be the caller for the group. I really want a couple of the other people in the group to arrow an elk. I will be ready at all times since you never know when one might sneak around to the wrong way

I have the pack loaded up with the exception of food. I did pack a single day of meals and the weight is right as planned, 20 oz. so for 12 days I have a total pack weight of 54 lbs.

Glenn
G Posik

Postby LckyTylr » 07 27, 2013 •  [Post 5]

Wow, nice shooting.

That's a better group than I see a lot of compound guys shooting with a month to go before opener.
LckyTylr

First Name: Tyler
Last Name: Sisson

Postby JGH » 07 27, 2013 •  [Post 6]

G Posik ... what is the origin of Lyudmila's name?
JGH

First Name: John
Last Name: Haeberle

Postby G Posik » 07 28, 2013 •  [Post 7]

Lyudmila Pavlichenko - she was a Soviet sniper during WWII. She had 309 confirmed kills, over a hundred enemy snipers in that number. I name all of my trad bows and this name just fit the way this bow shoots.

Glenn
G Posik

Postby Triplebhunters » 07 28, 2013 •  [Post 8]

Very nice. You may want to check out the Cold Shot threads over on Docs Office column.
Triplebhunters

First Name: Dave

Postby mtnmutt » 07 28, 2013 •  [Post 9]

G Posik, Heading out on August 30th. It is only 3 hours to my base camp in the central mountains. 9 days, but I will likely will have a 2 day "vacation" to Denver in there because my mom is visiting from NV. I hope to get an elk early so I can send elk meat home with her. I have 2 elk tags. The other 3 weeks, I will do long weekends.

Clever name selection for the bow.
mtnmutt

Come on Elk season

Postby G Posik » 07 28, 2013 •  [Post 10]

Triple I was checking out the cold shots. I have to try those .

Mntmutt hope you get on them quick and knock one down. Always nice to send family away with a nice gift of elk meat.

Glenn
G Posik