Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Where has the summer gone

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Where has the summer gone

Postby Coveyleader » 08 03, 2013 •  [Post 1]

Work has kept me out of the country what seems like all year. Im currently stuck in another godforsaken foreign airport thinking about the season to come. Ive shot my bow 1 time all summer. Prepared I am not! I will have one week to prepare this year, one week! I feel like one of those walmart hunters, show up a week prior to hunt. Shots will need to be close as always. We will see how it goes, how things change!

Good luck to all, I will not be picky this year (never am) but Im hoping to keep my run going. How I miss my home!
Coveyleader

First Name: M
Last Name: Lewis

Re: Where has the summer gone

Postby ElkNut1 » 08 03, 2013 •  [Post 2]

Wow! Sounds like you are an extremely busy guy, bummer being out of the country & with elk season so close! Fortunately you're a seasoned hunter & you will be dialed in, in short order. We appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule & staying in touch. Good luck with your practicing & hunts for this year.

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby eriks. » 08 05, 2013 •  [Post 3]

I hate feeling rushed or unprepared too. Hopefully you will be able to pick right up from where you left off without much effort. Life is what it is, so just try not to pressure overly yourself and have fun! I've had years that work has totally gotten in the way of fun but like all things, everything goes in stages and nothing stays the same- whether it is good or bad.
Good luck to you!
eriks.

First Name: erik
Last Name: simmons

Postby Coveyleader » 09 05, 2013 •  [Post 4]

Fyi,I killed a cow with my cow tag. I could have killed two 5 point bulls but passed. One was plain ugly, the other a bit small. I have the whole last week off.
Coveyleader

First Name: M
Last Name: Lewis