Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

any highly recommended drop camps in colorado

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

any highly recommended drop camps in colorado

Postby chevellenut » 08 09, 2013 •  [Post 1]

looking for recommended drop camp for the 2014 season. not prepared or equipped for diy yet..... thanks for any info!
chevellenut

First Name: don
Last Name: deitz

Re: any highly recommended drop camps in colorado

Postby buglmin » 08 09, 2013 •  [Post 2]

Lots of outfitters in Colorado that do drop camps. You gotta spend your time researching and making phone calls. Keep in mind that most good outfitters have returning clients, and can only run so many hunters.
We neve did drop camps. My paying clients were too important and spent more money then drop camps. It wasnt worth the time and effort. lus, if there were elk in an area, we had paying clients in there, not drop camps. I know a lot of outfitters that wont do drop camps because guys bring their buddies into the areas the next year diy...spend time on the phone and internet, you'll find a drop camp...
buglmin

Postby ST52V » 08 09, 2013 •  [Post 3]

If you look around on this forum you will find threads about Eagle Mountain outfitters in unit 54. They only run drop camps. Talk to some of the folks on here who used them last year and use them this year. Some of those folks might chime in as well.
ST52V

First Name: Robin
Last Name: Wise

Postby under H2O hunter » 08 10, 2013 •  [Post 4]

If your interested in doing a DIY camp let me know. I would be happy to rent you all the equipment you need. Wall Tent, stove, coolers, dishes, ect for 75 bucks a day. I can't take it up in the woods for you but I can bring it to your home or your welcome to come get it from me. It's an easy way to get back back deep into the woods without putting out the thousands of dollars required.
under H2O hunter

First Name: James