Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Come on September!!!!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Come on September!!!!

Postby Broken arrow » 08 19, 2013 •  [Post 1]

I'm getting pumped! Put all my gear on threw on my pack loaded with 50lbs grabbed the recurve... First arrow at 20 yards DEAD on second at 30 or so about 4in low third shot off the deck around 15 yds missed my spot by an inch!!! 3 weeks to go and the days can't go by fast enough! 2 years in the making training studying shooting practicing calling pouring over topo and GE living breathing elk. I can see the end of the long road to what will be one hell of an adventure!!!! Or is it just the beginning???? :D
Broken arrow

Re: Come on September!!!!

Postby easeup » 08 19, 2013 •  [Post 2]

cranked are you?

well it is going to get here soon. Good Luck.
easeup

Postby G Posik » 08 19, 2013 •  [Post 3]

I hear you on the hurry up part. I have the longbow ripping arrows and she is ready to get in the mountains. Arrows are flying true. I am in elk shape and ready to roll. Everything is packed for 12 days in the Colorado mountains.

Glenn
G Posik

First Name: Glenn
Last Name: Posik

Postby Trumkin the Dwarf » 08 19, 2013 •  [Post 4]

Finally shooting well with broadheads at 20 yards from my longbow (a whole different story than field points...must be psychological). I have to wait till the 7th here. Ah well, maybe I can extend the range another 5 yards before then.
Trumkin the Dwarf

First Name: Malachi
Last Name: C

Postby CrazyElkHunter » 08 19, 2013 •  [Post 5]

We will be on the road to Colorado a week from today for a month long hunt. :o No, it's not a typo error! :roll: We stay the entire archery season in 1 area. ;) Having that much time makes it easier to sleep in on rainy days. 8-) . Getting old sucks, but has a few advantages. :D
CrazyElkHunter

First Name: Bill
Last Name: Custer

Postby Bowhunter » 08 20, 2013 •  [Post 6]

It can't come soon enough. Temps going to get up near 90 here in Iowa this week. That will only make it worse. I am ready for some cool mountain air.
Bowhunter

First Name: Terry
Last Name: H

Postby snake » 08 20, 2013 •  [Post 7]

Man I can't wait to get going! It's driving me crazy sitting here, I have to wait til Sept. 12th to head out. I am hoping for a great time on my first elk hunt.
snake

First Name: Jacob
Last Name: Dirnbeger