Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

When it's sunny, you get a tan . . .

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

When it's sunny, you get a tan . . .

Postby LckyTylr » 09 05, 2013 •  [Post 1]

I guess this is the opposite of "When it Rains, it Pours!".

I have been trying to convince my friends to pick up a bow and go hunting with me for the last 5 years. I had ONE taker last year, he shot a bull and never came back. I just couldn't get anyone to come over to the dark side and hunt with stick and string . . . even after I did all of the work and found a new AWESOME hunting spot.

Finally . . . I have some hunting partners. My work friend Tom decided that, even though he doesn't bow hunt and has no intentions of starting, that he wanted to go hunting with me. He's a hell of a rifle hunter and we hunt similarly, hike in a few miles and stay mobile. He has all of the gear he needs and a good attitude. I told him I was going to put him to work and 15 minutes into legal shooting light on opening morning, I made good on that and soon we were packing out my buck. How nice it is to have help and someone to share a hunt with.

Now, one of my other friends that pointed on the map and said, why don't you try "here" . . . wants to do the same thing. He has bow hunted before, but prefers to rifle hunt. He just wants to tag along and help me get my first bull. If it hadn't been for his finger pointing on the map, I may have never discovered this place. Now I get to pay it back and show him all of the little nooks and crannies that hold game in this area . . . and I'm going to put him to work packing out elk quarters . . . hopefully. :-) When it's Sunny, you get a Tan.
LckyTylr

First Name: Tyler
Last Name: Sisson