Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Check Out This Clip! Elk!!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Check Out This Clip! Elk!!

Postby ElkNut1 » 10 25, 2013 •  [Post 1]

How tame are elk & how dangerous can they be? This is a cool clip on semi tame elk. Don't turn your back on them! (grin)

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=79 ... c&vq=large

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Re: Check Out This Clip! Elk!!

Postby Swede » 10 25, 2013 •  [Post 2]

Hearing the shrieks of some of the tourists, got me to wondering how they would react if a few bow hunters had a valid tag for a "stag"?

In early October 1968, I was logging on weekends, for a company I had worked for during the Summer. The logging site was not too far from home. On the way back to my car which took about an hour, the crew would stop at the country store for a soda pop or ice cream. My brother and I always took turns buying an ice cream bar. One day it was George's turn to buy, so I stayed in the "crummy". As I sat inside, a lady came up along side of the Suburban and exclaimed to me there is a three point buck across the river from the store. She did not know I was sitting on a deer dag and beside my 30-06. She quickly left probably thinking I would get out to "see" the buck. I got out with 06 in hand. She had gone over to her upstairs apartment and was on a veranda with a bunch of other women watching the buck. I came in under them. My brother and the other men soon came out of the store. Some were quietly urging me to shoot the buck, and others were saying "don't do it". I still remember George saying I could not hit it. I was poor, going to college at the time, and could definitely use the meat. I had no time for any real hunting, so I chambered a round, knelt down, took careful aim at the buck 100 yards away, pushed off the safe and fired. The buck made a summer sault and landed dead on the river bank. The women let out shrieks loud enough to bring the store owner outside to see who was shot. The show was soon all over, and I had meat enough for months. I still remember the shrieks. They were similar to those on the video, only much louder. My advise now is, unless you are desperate for meat, don't do it.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 10 25, 2013 •  [Post 3]

Who's with me on petting one?
JohnFitzgerald

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 10 25, 2013 •  [Post 4]

JohnFitzgerald wrote:Who's with me on petting one?

Petting? I figured you're more than likely thinking "saddle that bad boy up" ;)

f05f3514ec898733da564662ea348988.jpg
f05f3514ec898733da564662ea348988.jpg (129.65 KiB) Viewed 1381 times
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ