Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

damn work

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

damn work

Postby wawhitey » 12 03, 2013 •  [Post 1]

just had these guys ( https://imgur.com/a/yO8hs )show up on my bait and the temp is plummeting, snow is starting to pile up.... and now i got called back into work. damn damn damn.
wawhitey

Re: damn work

Postby ORelksniper » 12 03, 2013 •  [Post 2]

There is no justice, whitey.
ORelksniper

Postby bnsafe » 12 03, 2013 •  [Post 3]

if you need me to guard your bait just let me know. I will grab the first flight out. :D
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Postby Swede » 12 03, 2013 •  [Post 4]

I remember when I used to have to show up for work. I know how it can interfere with some of the most important things happening in life. I feel your pain, man. :twisted:
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Indian Summer » 12 03, 2013 •  [Post 5]

Bummer! Curious... what do you use for bait and how much do you go through? I know a guy baiting down near Naselle and he gets them from Yakima by the truckload. BUT.... the big bulls don't seem interested. The bulls in your pic are the biggest he ever sees. ZI'd love to kill a Rosey some day. Are they west side Roosevelts?
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby wawhitey » 12 03, 2013 •  [Post 6]

Indian Summer wrote:Bummer! Curious... what do you use for bait and how much do you go through? I know a guy baiting down near Naselle and he gets them from Yakima by the truckload. BUT.... the big bulls don't seem interested. The bulls in your pic are the biggest he ever sees. ZI'd love to kill a Rosey some day. Are they west side Roosevelts?

no theyre from NE washington, rocky mountain elk. i put 110 lbs of sweet cob, 40lbs alfalfa pellets, and a couple of large game bags filled with fresh stinky green alfalfa there, plus a sweet lix feeder block and trophy rocks. theres really not a hell of a lot left, the whitetails have been doing work to it. pain to haul all that crap up there, but oh well. so i just got called and told false alarm on the job tomorrow, but that id probably be working "later in the week" whatever that means. there is still hope. so tomorrow morning im going out to look for fresh cougar tracks at sunrise, then ill spend last few hours of the day over that bait the elk are hitting. the wind seems to be wrong there until the last couple hours anyway, but im set up on a rocky ridge overlooking the bait, and every time the wind goes bad on me i just scramble down the opposite side of the ridge and wait. this just may work. and on a totally unrelated note, a few hours ago i saw probably the biggest whitetail buck ive ever laid eyes on. he was sunning himself on a south slope 60-70 yards from me at 4400 feet. i was looking at a doe right there and didnt even see the guy till he jumped up and sprinted for thick timber.
wawhitey

Postby wawhitey » 12 04, 2013 •  [Post 7]

damn, called into work again. no elk for me this year. im going to go check the camera again just to torture myself
wawhitey

Postby ishy » 12 10, 2013 •  [Post 8]

I feel a cough coming on!
ishy

First Name: Bryan
Last Name: L

Postby Olydog09 » 12 13, 2013 •  [Post 9]

Cool pics. Too bad you cant get after them. On the bright side they should be a little bigger next year!
Olydog09

First Name: Scott