Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Bugle tube Extension

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Bugle tube Extension

Postby Rizzy » 09 14, 2014 •  [Post 1]

I have one of Elknuts mini bugle tubes and it works great. I want to be able to get a more mature sound sometimes so I made an extension out of an Easton practice bat from sports authority. All I did was cut it to size, wrap fabric around it, then wrapped the ends with electrical tape. I slip the extension into the end of the mini bugle. It makes a different sound but it's still not throaty enough. Needs more bass. Any suggestions? With the insert the bugle tube is 20.5" long.

I tested it out this past week and it seems that the Elk still like the small one better and I get more response without the extension, from cows and satellites at least. Maybe it's too intimidating or just doesn't sound right. Could just be coincidence too. I would still like to give it a shot and be able to make a big bull sounds when I'm in close to a herd bull, especially as the rut picks up. I also think in the areas that I have already hunted and educated the bulls, a different sounding tube would be better.
Rizzy

First Name: Ron
Last Name: Wright