Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

APP Update! (ElkNut)

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

APP Update! (ElkNut)

Postby ElkNut1 » 05 10, 2017 •  [Post 1]

Hey guys, I've had several ask about the APP & how it's doing! Well, it's doing well!! We have 250 beta testers standing by & it will be released to them on Friday, Saturday & Sunday of this week! Sweet! (grin) You who are receiving it will notice there is a "Feedback Button" please use it & give us a short response if you like it or what you may want to see different! This is a TEST ONE! The actual APP will go LIVE on June 1st!

It will have a Mouth Reed Use section (video clip) at topof main page for those interested in proper reed selection per individual & it's exact position & use for Cow & Bull sounds! It's a very informative piece!

Next, you will notice the first 5 of 10 sounds being released! These 5 sounds will each have their own 2 minute or so video clip on actual reed placement & use for that specific elk sound! Very cool! There will be two buttons for that sound, one is the sound given by me & the other button is by a real elk giving the sound. This is a great way to learn & compare yourselves to how you sound! As you scroll down there are questions & answers asked as to when & how to use this sound in a hunting situation. It's very detailed so you do not have to fill in the blanks!

The next 5 sounds will be available towards end of month so as not to slam folks with too much at first. They are a free update as part of the initial membership fee. Updates will be following afterwards as we release & unreal amount of info on everything elk hunting towards methods & techniques. There is nothing like this APP anywhere, you will see!

The photos I'm sharing here is a prototype but the actual testing one will have more flavor & the icons will be correct. The photos are a sample of what's coming! Above all, it's very affordable! Hopefully a few of the testers here will share what they've reviewed!

Feel free to ask any questions! Thank You!

ElkNut/Paul
Attachments
DSCN2869.JPG
Contact Buzz Page.
DSCN2869.JPG (65.19 KiB) Viewed 15504 times
DSCN2868.JPG
Another Page.
DSCN2868.JPG (60.46 KiB) Viewed 15504 times
DSCN2866.JPG
Opening Page.
DSCN2866.JPG (64.42 KiB) Viewed 15504 times
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Re: APP Update! (ElkNut)

Postby ElkNut1 » 05 10, 2017 •  [Post 2]

Not quite in the order I was hoping for, but it will work! (grin) Here's the Contact Buzz with partial info on the subject! Thanks!

ElkNut1
Attachments
DSCN2872.JPG
Partial Info Page!
DSCN2872.JPG (73.63 KiB) Viewed 15503 times
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby N2mywake » 05 10, 2017 •  [Post 3]

I filled out my survey earlier today. Looking forward to putting this through the paces.
West Kentucky Boy
N2mywake

Postby Tigger » 05 10, 2017 •  [Post 4]

I just completed my survey! Looking forward to it and I really like how practical it is. Question for you....I assume you do not need cell service for this to work? I assume I can pull it up while in the field if needed and review?
Tigger

Postby msd1228 » 05 10, 2017 •  [Post 5]

Awesome stuff Paul - gonna be a great piece when its done.
msd1228

First Name: Shane

Postby ElkNut1 » 05 10, 2017 •  [Post 6]

Thanks guys! Tigger, yes once it's downloaded you do not need phone service to look at any part of the APP, very cool huh! (grin)

Shane just about have those New reeds figured out! Sorry for the delay, lots happening with business & non business related! Thanks bud!

ElkNut/Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby phall » 05 15, 2017 •  [Post 7]

Feel very fortunate to be app tester. So far seems very user friendly, easy to navigate, and the most informative elk hinting app i have seen to date. Others to remain unamed. The off the grid or out of service use feature will be priceless. Video clips for comparison and practice followed by mulitple decsriptor tabs to explain everthing about that sound etc etc is invaluable. I havnt been thru the entire app yet but very impressed so far. Im sure will say the app looks plain and could use more/better graphics advertiseing etc but i enjoy that aspect bc it makes the app very user friendly, easy to navigate etc
Patrck
phall

First Name: patrick
Last Name: hall

Postby ElkNut1 » 05 17, 2017 •  [Post 8]

phall, thanks for your response & review! Our intent is to share elk instruction that puts horns on the wall & meat in the freezer! (grin) We're really not into the advertising fluff that distracts from the material. Most hunters we are familiar with do not want the distraction of pop ups or adds. I too am of that belief. This APP is all about bettering ourselves to be equipped with the very best elk hunting methods, techniques & explanations on how to get it done especially on DIY OTC Public Land hunts. This is my goal & my passion! I'm sure you can understand that as well, at least I hope so! (grin) Thanks again bud!

ElkNut/Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Taw024 » 06 01, 2017 •  [Post 9]

Is the app going live today?

thanks
Taw024

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 02, 2017 •  [Post 10]

No it did not! Still fine tuning things but shouldn't be long now. I will post here when it's ready. Thanks for asking!

ElkNut/Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Tigger » 06 02, 2017 •  [Post 11]

I liked the app too and the only thing I can think of is to add more to the strategy part of it. As I was reading the what does it mean/how do I use it/how should I respond, etc part I kept wanting more!
Tigger

Postby baddaddy » 06 02, 2017 •  [Post 12]

I guess not everyone who filled out the survey was picked to test the app.
baddaddy

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 03, 2017 •  [Post 13]

Tigger, there will be plenty of info per sound or method talked about as you see it grow! Is there anything specific that you felt needed more explanation? The DVD's, PlayBook do talk further on all subjects as there's more time & room to expound on. The APP is to get right down to the meat & potatoes with the top methods of use per sound! Thanks!

baddaddy, yes as far as I know everyone was sent a Test APP that filled out the survey. You either deleted it thinking it was spam or it's in your junk folder. (grin) It came from Apple! Maybe you thought the ElkNut name was in the title so was looking for that? At any rate everyone so far had received that email. Once email was received instructions were there to download test portion. If you have an android Iphone then your test came 10 days later than Apple Iphone users! Thanks!

ElkNut/Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby wunder6 » 06 03, 2017 •  [Post 14]

Hey Paul

Not sure if it was on my end or not but I wasn't able to download the app. I tried several times but kept giving me an error during downloading it. I was able to get the Iconic Viewer App but when I typed in the number it would start downloading then give an error. I have an Android phone if that mattered any.
wunder6

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 04, 2017 •  [Post 15]

Were you you using the Android version to download? There was an Apple Version then the Android came out first week or so of June. Not sure what occurred there bud. I wish you would have mentioned it to me back when it happened! It's too late now with the LIVE version almost ready. The New Version will have the glitches resolved & will be downloaded from the APP Store like you would music so it should be a snap! Sorry for any issues. By the way, you will want this New APP, it will be awesome! Thanks!

ElkNut/Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby >>>---WW----> » 06 04, 2017 •  [Post 16]

Is this an APP I can put on my cell phone?
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 04, 2017 •  [Post 17]

Yes, as long as you have an Iphone by Apple or Android, these are the most recognized that most folks have. These phones can download any App at the APP Store!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby >>>---WW----> » 06 04, 2017 •  [Post 18]

OK but just a word of advice to anyone that would possibly use the sounds on the APP while hunting. The use of electronic devices except when used for predators is illegal in the state of Colorado. So everybody be careful with it.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 06 04, 2017 •  [Post 19]

I'm pretty sure folks know that using recorded sounds as a calling tool is not legal for elk in many areas/states. The APP is not classified or designed as a "calling device". It is a home, camp, and field reference tool that relates to, explains, and educates hunters about all things that pertain to elky chat and tactics. Just my meager thoughts ;) .
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Tigger » 06 05, 2017 •  [Post 20]

Paul, to answer your question of what "more" I want specifically, well, there isn't anything specific. Yet more specifics would be great! Did that confuse the heck out of you? Yes, I read the playbook many times and have actually sold 8 of them for you so far to friends! I think you can safely say the playbook has helped me immensely and the bull I shot in 2015 would not have happened if not for the Playbook.

I find myself, like many others, getting into a situation where I need to make the next move. Any additional advice into helping me pick that move would be a tremendous help in the field. Maybe a typical scenario section? The scenarios here on Wapiti Talk are a huge favorite of everyone. I am just kinda thinking out loud here. Although every encounter is different, there are some that go according to plan. Maybe throw out some of these typical "according to the playbook" scenarios as they relate to the sounds. I realize this is getting more into strategy and away from the sounds a little.

Also, GPS coordinate, by every region of every state of known honey holes would probably be a help to some as well!

I really do like the app and plan to use it this fall.
Tigger

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 05, 2017 •  [Post 21]

WW, I just talked to CO Fish & Game, no issues at all with cell phone use that contain Apps with any elk info or Elk Sounds while elk hunting! An Iphone/cell phone App does not amplify sounds in an effort to bring big-game closer. This is straight from CO Fish & Game. So if any were curious as to this subject it's no problem!

Tigger, You are just seeing the Test version, let's see if you feel the same way as the Live Version shows up & all the added updates that will follow! (grin) Seriously though, this App will be loaded, it would take hours of non stop use to go through it all. We do have a bunch of updates already on the New Version to be available shortly! This App will be one of a kind with more info than you could shake a stick at! Let us know as you go through the real version! Thanks!

ElkNut/Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Tigger » 06 05, 2017 •  [Post 22]

okay, so we are cleared to strap a small car battery to our back and run around the mountains with our phones on max volume serenading the elk? good to know!

Awesome to hear about the full version.
Tigger

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 05, 2017 •  [Post 23]

LOL!!! I guess so!

ElkNut/Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby chipick » 06 21, 2017 •  [Post 24]

Is it ready yet I have been searching my App Store and haven't been able to find it
chipick

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 22, 2017 •  [Post 25]

It is supposed to go Live next week! There's more tweaking that we hoped for but it's getting there! (grin) I will post a New Thread when it's 100% ready, thanks!

ElkNut/Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby 1Elkhunter » 06 22, 2017 •  [Post 26]

I can't wait for this app to go live next week! Now we can have Paul Medel in our pocket when we're elk hunting! This is such a cool idea Paul! Thank you.
1Elkhunter

Postby chipick » 06 23, 2017 •  [Post 27]

Also I don't mean to sound like an idiot but what is the app called
chipick

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 26, 2017 •  [Post 28]

Not exactly sure until I see finished product? No doubt you would enter ElkNut something or another & it will take you there, there's only one ElkNut APP. Thanks!

I'm hoping anyday now????

ElkNut/Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 27, 2017 •  [Post 29]

Guys, I was able to meet up with the APP guy yesterday & see the finished product! It's pretty sweet, better than I could have hoped for! I really think you guys will like it & appreciate its usefulness. It's 100% finished & we are awaiting the Apple Stores acceptance, it should be this week & possibly today?? Once ready I will share a link to it or guidance of sorts to it. We are formatting a dedicated page at elknut.com store where it will take you straight to the APP Store to review several video clips as well what it's about to see if this is something for you. I will post when this goes LIVE! Thanks a bunch for your patience!

Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Deafirishman » 06 29, 2017 •  [Post 30]

Will this be available for Android devices or just IPhones?
Deafirishman

First Name: Aaron

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 30, 2017 •  [Post 31]

Aaron, yes it is available in Apple & Android devices! It is in Apples hands right now being reviewed, we are told it will go Live Saturday or Monday. You can check the link here to see when it is ready to look over, you'll notice right now the App isn't there yet! http://www.elknut.com/ElkNut-App.html

Thanks/Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Deafirishman » 07 02, 2017 •  [Post 32]

Ok. Thanks Paul. I'll keep checking.
Deafirishman

First Name: Aaron