Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Loaded quiver

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Loaded quiver

Postby six » 06 22, 2017 •  [Post 1]

So its a day or 2 before season opens and your hiking into camp. Do you have broadheads on your arrows in the quiver? Or are they tucked away in your pack? Tucked away in the pack would remove all doubt a fish n game officer might have. Personally mine are on my arrows in the quiver as space and weight are a premium. I don't care how big of a bull stepped out onto the trail I would never do anything that would put my hunting out west in jeopardy.
Elk are where you find em...
six

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Cool

Re: Loaded quiver

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 22, 2017 •  [Post 2]

In my quiver! Fish & Game will not harass you over that no more than having a loaded firearm strapped to your side.

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby olympushunt » 06 22, 2017 •  [Post 3]

ElkNut1 wrote:In my quiver! Fish & Game will not harass you over that no more than having a laded firearm strapped to your side.

ElkNut1

Exactly. No F&G officer in their right state of mind would give you a hard time about that.

Just wipe the blood off really well. LOL
olympushunt

Postby Swede » 06 22, 2017 •  [Post 4]

I have broadheads in the quiver now. They would not come out just because I am walking to camp. I was checked by a game warden last year and he had no issue with my bow or arrows. The bow was laying on the back seat of the pickup. He did not bother to check it out. It was the day before the season opened.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics