Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Can you do me a favor?

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Can you do me a favor?

Postby Indian Summer » 06 26, 2017 •  [Post 1]

We used to move topics to the proper forum. Lately everyone is just using the hunting forum for everything and anything. It's leaving our other forums pretty quiet. I hate moving people's threads because it can be confusing when they come back and it's not there. Plus I feel like it's a little rude. So if you don't mind unless your thread is directly related to how to find and kill elk, in other words HUNT elk, can we please start to utilize the entire Wapiti Talk sight as it was intended and designed. Thank you! ;)
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Re: Can you do me a favor?

Postby Swede » 06 26, 2017 •  [Post 2]

You make a good point I.S. We have gotten off track on that. I will be more careful in the future.

I moved the Curious of the Score thread. RJ can correct me when he returns if he disapproves.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Swede » 06 26, 2017 •  [Post 3]

I know this thread is not about elk hunting, but it meets a need here.
I am wondering if you are looking at the other forums? There are some threads on the tree stand forum, I would have thought would have received some responses if tree stand hunters saw them. I don't know if there is little interest, or you are just not familiar with the forum. I place a new thread there every once in awhile, but since they do not get much attention, I just watch them slowly die.
I have observed a few weeks ago that just moving a tree stand thread over to the elk forum increased the responses a lot. That tells me people are just not seeing the tree stand forum. Likely that is true of other forums here also.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 06 26, 2017 •  [Post 4]

Yes, try to put started threads in the correct forum to start with folks. MODS, per the site rules, move them if you deem necessary but send the WT member a PM informing them a move has been facilitated.

Members, I urge you to check out all the forums when you do your daily parusing....lotsa good stuff out there ;).
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Tigger » 06 27, 2017 •  [Post 5]

I will certainly not be offended if you move one of my threads, so don't feel awkward for moving this chuckleheads stuff. I posted in fishing awhile ago and it didn't get much attention even though it my have been the best thread ever posted on any forum anywhere.
Tigger

Postby Indian Summer » 06 28, 2017 •  [Post 6]

Tigger you crack me up man!

Swede that is the problem. Other forums are so quiet that people quit looking around exploring the site.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Brendan » 06 28, 2017 •  [Post 7]

Here's a good hint for everyone. Just update your bookmark to use this link. Shows you threads across all forums in descending order of most recent activity... That way, you don't miss anything in the subforums:

http://www.wapititalk.com/Hunting/search.php?search_id=active_topics

Then, you just need to make sure you go to the correct forum before you post...
Brendan

First Name: Brendan