Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Colorado Unit 65

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Colorado Unit 65

Postby KBhillHunter » 08 31, 2017 •  [Post 1]

New to the forum but was hoping to reach out to everyone and see if anyone has experience Elk hunting in Colorado Unit 65. We have been desk-scouting the unit for a first season rifle hunt this fall. Just trying to gain any knowledge of the area I can from locals or folks who have hunted it. We are hoping to get boots on the ground at least 1-2 days in advance for scouting and want to make the most of the limited scouting time. I appreciate any help you can give a first time elk hunter!
KBhillHunter

Re: Colorado Unit 65

Postby Deanmac » 08 31, 2017 •  [Post 2]

I know a guy from GA that will be in that unit for first rifle. His group of 3 will be their first time hunting, so probably not much help. Good Luck to you.
Deanmac

Postby Navesgane » 09 04, 2017 •  [Post 3]

I used to live in Ridgway and hunted 65 a lot. There's plenty of forest and elk in the cimmaron area to be had. As most places, you'll want to get far away from as you can from any roads. Let me know if you have any specific questions that i may be able to help with.
Instagram @jeff.reilly1
Navesgane

First Name: Jeff

Postby Sparky » 09 06, 2017 •  [Post 4]

I hunted in the uncomphagre last fall during bow season. Feel free to PM me with any questions
Sparky