Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Great video

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Great video

Postby >>>---WW----> » 01 20, 2018 •  [Post 1]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnvrSpFgYXA Just to be able to hunt a place like this would be good enough. A great experience even if you never let an arrow fly.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Re: Great video

Postby Swede » 01 20, 2018 •  [Post 2]

Good video Bill. The outtakes are silly but more educational. If a person is not too experienced at elk hunting, the outtakes show some good things you may not see on your first hunt. It is interesting that they loaded the bull whole in the truck. They did not get to use their Kuiu packs for that. Oly and I used his Kuiu pack this last season, and it is absolutely great. I got one for Christmas and look forward to putting it to good use next season.
Last season Stringunner shot a good 5X5 bull near the bottom of a deep canyon. Oly said he felt like he should be carrying a heavy load like I was, when we were packing it out. That was until he found out that his load was every bit as heavy as mine or a little more. He was wondering why I was falling behind until we started packing out his elk and I was using his Kuiu pack. Then he fell behind and complained that the Alaska II pack he was using, was "pancing" him all the time. From now on our Alaska II packs will be used for hauling tree stands, accessories and junk only.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: Great video

Postby Kessler10 » 01 23, 2018 •  [Post 3]

cool video, thansk for posting!

the one thing that doesnt resonate with me as much with this video and a lot of videos (Primos) out there are its done on a private ranch, or an area a regualr DIY hunter could/would never hunt.
It doesnt show the ture mental and physical strain it takes to hunt elk in the back country. It gives the notion 300+ bulls waltz up to you left and right. And for me, packing an elk out on your back is the coolest part of a hunt, so I like videos that give that angle.

For me, a bull coming into your calls is actually a very small part of the overall hunt and expriecne. Vidoes that encompass all those parts and really give you a peak into the true dedication and work it takes to get on a big bull are videos that strike a cord with me personally.

With all that said who doesnt liek a good video with huge bulls bugling and close encoutners left and right??? Ill alwasy watch that
Kessler10

First Name: Luke
Last Name: Kessler