Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

CO 2018 Application Brochure w gift for NRs

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

CO 2018 Application Brochure w gift for NRs

Postby Elkduds » 02 11, 2018 •  [Post 1]

http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/RulesR ... iggame.pdf

The gift to NRs is this: You no longer have to front the whole cost of licenses in order to apply.

LICENSING SYSTEM CHANGES: CPW transitioned to an integrated licensing, pass and reservation system in Jan. 2018. ALL customers, new and existing, need to have a UNIQUE EMAIL ADDRESS and PASSWORD to create an online profile in the new system. See the insert in this brochure for step-by-step instructions on how to create your account, or find the guide and how-to video online at: cpw.state.co.us/CPWshop ▶ LICENSE APPLICATIONS ARE NOW PAPERLESS: All license applications, for all species, must now be completed online using the integrated system, cpw.state.co.us/CPWshop, or by phone at 1-800-244-5613. Paper applications are no longer available. ▶ LICENSE FEES NO LONGER DUE AT THE TIME YOU SUBMIT YOUR DRAW APPLICATION: Instead of paying all of the fees up front when applying, you will now ONLY pay the $3 application processing fee, per species. If you are 18–64, you will need a 2018 Habitat Stamp ($10); one will be automatically added to your application if you haven’t purchased one already. You will be charged the license price and Wildlife Education and Search-and-Rescue fees ONLY if you draw a license. The preference point fee will still be charged if you are unsuccessful in the draw and do not meet the exemption criteria (see pages 2 and 18). You’ll need to enter credit card information in your account, to be kept on file for draw license and preference point payments. See page 16, APPLICATIONS & PREFERENCE POINTS, for more information. Look for instructions on how to create your customer profile and apply for the draw on the insert in this brochure, or on our website: cpw.state.co.us/CPWshop
Elkduds

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Scott

Re: CO 2018 Application Brochure w gift for NRs

Postby Indian Summer » 02 12, 2018 •  [Post 2]

Nice! I never did see why I had to pay $380 and wait for a refund when my application is for deer preference point only. Thanks Colorado! :D
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby saddlesore » 02 12, 2018 •  [Post 3]

Now,they need to make it possible for the hunter to print out their tag once drawn or when buy a license online.Several states now do this
saddlesore
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby >>>---WW----> » 02 12, 2018 •  [Post 4]

Also, you can now watch the point creep go out the roof. (As if they haven't already)! :(
>>>---WW---->

Postby Elkduds » 02 12, 2018 •  [Post 5]

>>>---WW----> wrote:Also, you can now watch the point creep go out the roof. (As if they haven't already)! :(

Bet you are right, @ least for NRs.
Elkduds

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Scott

Postby Deanmac » 04 01, 2018 •  [Post 6]

Just applied for Deer and Elk PP for myself and my 13 year old son.
Deanmac

Postby CurlyTail » 04 05, 2018 •  [Post 7]

Colorado is the most non-resident friendly state by far for elk hunting. I love this change. If I was a Colorado resident, I would not like it.
CurlyTail

First Name: Jim
Last Name: B.

Postby N2mywake » 04 07, 2018 •  [Post 8]

>>>---WW----> wrote:Also, you can now watch the point creep go out the roof. (As if they haven't already)! :(
This is my fear as well. The area I hunt went from a few points to 5 points needed for an ML tag, it's even draw for archery now... So I'll not draw another ML tag at this rate unless I change areas.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
West Kentucky Boy
N2mywake

Postby saddlesore » 04 07, 2018 •  [Post 9]

CurlyTail wrote:Colorado is the most non-resident friendly state by far for elk hunting. I love this change. If I was a Colorado resident, I would not like it.

Might check the regs. from other states.Where else can a NR buy an OTC bull elk tag every year and have a better than average chance off taking better than bull if they work for it. I don't like it because of the increase in point creep ( which I don't build points) and the fact that there will be an entire generation that won't have chance of drawing better than average elk tags.Forget about sheep, goat, or moose
saddlesore

Postby Grousewit » 04 16, 2018 •  [Post 10]

Aren't the NR elk licenses sales in CO dropping off?
62 yr old Hunter/Trapper/Shooter
Grousewit