Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Colorado draw options

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Colorado draw options

Postby Mathewsz7-elkridge » 02 24, 2018 •  [Post 1]

I have a couple questions about the draw system for Colorado. I am not patient enough to wait until Monday to call CPW. ;)

If I put in with 4 pts and it only takes 1 pt to draw do I lose all 4 pts? Side not is this the same for Wyoming? I know there draw is over but asking for next year! I will have 2 pts!

Second choices do not use any points correct?

If I was to put in for a cow muzzleloader tag can I can buy an either sex otc tag as a non resident right?

If I was was to have both tags in my pocket can I carry a muzzleloader and bow at the same time?

Thank you for any help. Just don't want to waste a bunch of time looking at draw odds this weekend if I will lose my points on acow tag!
Mathewsz7-elkridge

Re: Colorado draw options

Postby baddaddy » 02 24, 2018 •  [Post 2]

Lets see if this helps. Yes you would lose all 4 points on a first choice regardless how many points were required to draw. The cow muzzy tag- is it a "A" tag or a "B" tag. If its an "A" tag then no you cant have an either sex tag as they are all "A" tags. If the cow tag is a "B" tag then yes you could have both. Could you have bow and muzzy in hand- technically I guess you could only if both tags are good in that area and its muzzy season, However there could be an argument made by CPW that you are hunting with a Muzzy on your archery tag. Also why would you want to restrict yourself to wearing orange while using a bow as would be required when having the Muzzy in hand. Just my .02.
baddaddy

Postby Mathewsz7-elkridge » 02 24, 2018 •  [Post 3]

The cow tag is an A tag. If I am in the woods with muzzleloader hunters I am wearing orange anyway.

Thank you for the information
Mathewsz7-elkridge

Postby Navesgane » 02 24, 2018 •  [Post 4]

In many units you can have an OTC either sex archery tag (A), and a OTC cow only archery tag as your (B) tag. Just make sure you know what units this is allowed in and that you're in one of them.
Instagram @jeff.reilly1
Navesgane

First Name: Jeff

Postby otcWill » 02 24, 2018 •  [Post 5]

Illegal to carry both weapons
otcWill