Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Who is going to the ISE

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Who is going to the ISE

Postby Lefty » 03 12, 2018 •  [Post 1]

To the World Elk Calling Championships in SLC this Friday and Saturday?

I missed meeting a few guys last year from the forum,..
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: Who is going to the ISE

Postby ElkNut1 » 03 13, 2018 •  [Post 2]

Dennis, Paul Jr & I are planning to be there Saturday & Sunday, we will be at the ElkNut Mobile APP booth. Maybe we can meet up?

ElkNut/Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Lefty » 03 13, 2018 •  [Post 3]

Paul I will catch you guys, What booth space will you be located.That place gets so crazy Saturday I try to make the rounds Friday

Who is going to compete sponsor or watch the calling?
Lefty

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 03 13, 2018 •  [Post 4]

I know Michael Batease (The Elk Calling Academy) and Trav O'Shea (Wapiti River Outdoors) will be competing in the World Elk Calling Championship. Wishing them both the best of luck in their endeavors! Wish I could go to the ISE, it sounds like a GREAT event.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Lefty » 03 13, 2018 •  [Post 5]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:I know Michael Batease (The Elk Calling Academy) and Trav O'Shea (Wapiti River Outdoors) will be competing in the World Elk Calling Championship. Wishing them both the best of luck in their endeavors! Wish I could go to the ISE, it sounds like a GREAT event.

I plan on finding Travis
Lefty

Postby elkaholicid » 03 13, 2018 •  [Post 6]

[/quote] I plan on finding Travis[/quote]

What am I? Chopped Liver? Haha
elkaholicid
Site Sponsor

Postby elkaholicid » 03 13, 2018 •  [Post 7]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:I know Michael Batease (The Elk Calling Academy) and Trav O'Shea (Wapiti River Outdoors) will be competing in the World Elk Calling Championship. Wishing them both the best of luck in their endeavors! Wish I could go to the ISE, it sounds like a GREAT event.

Thank you, sir. It's going to be interesting for sure. My check is still pretty numb where they removed the skin cancer and it has affected my muscle memory a little. No excuses! DO my best and let the chips fall where they may.
elkaholicid
Site Sponsor

Postby ElkNut1 » 03 14, 2018 •  [Post 8]

Hope to see TRavis & Mike there too!

Dennis, we will be at booth # 456 -- Thanks!

ElkNut/Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby >>>---WW----> » 03 14, 2018 •  [Post 9]

For those of us that can't attend for the calling championship, the prelems will be @ noon on Friday and the finals @10:30 Saturday. There is supposed to be a live broadcast on the Elk101 Facebook page.
>>>---WW---->

Postby Elkhntr08 » 03 16, 2018 •  [Post 10]

Sitting in Chandler at Elk Camp, but will hit the ISE next weekend in Phoenix. Have to watch the calling on Fakebook.
Elkhntr08

Postby Lefty » 03 17, 2018 •  [Post 11]

Well I found Michael Batease (The Elk Calling Academy) first ,.. .. Trav O'Shea (Wapiti River Outdoors) was wearing florescent yellow , he was easy to spot.

I caught up to Paul and visited at the Elknut app booth. Im going to give Paul a well deserved plug for his App. Ill be buying one for my granddaughters IPAD and another for my phone.

I got to tell you guys: the excitement of the youth callers is contagious. This morning some of the young boys were going through the contest brackets, talking about the other contestants, I only heard positive comments from the kids. There should be some proud parents regarding the admirable conduct and sportsmanship of the youth callers!!!
Lefty

Postby elkaholicid » 03 19, 2018 •  [Post 12]

Dennis,

It was nice getting the opportunity to meet you in person and talk for a little while. Glad you were able to meet up with Travis as well.
elkaholicid
Site Sponsor

Postby ElkNut1 » 03 19, 2018 •  [Post 13]

Hey Dennis, it was great to sit & talk with you, this is you & your daughters year! Get her to practice more than she thinks she needs to in shooting her bow. Blow up balloons about 2" in diameter & place them 10-40 yards away sorta like stump shooting. You'll have her shooting quicker & accurately in a month or two, this will boost her confidence & not hesitate so long to pull that trigger on her elk! Can't wait to see the photos sir!

ElkNut/Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul