Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Impressions of Reel Elk Call

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Impressions of Reel Elk Call

Postby CurlyTail » 04 23, 2018 •  [Post 1]

I am curious if any members of this forum have used the relatively new and different Reel Elk Call.

I own one and think it is the easiest to operate cow elk call I have ever used. I really like the cow sounds that I get, and it is almost impossible to make a bad or unnatural sound with it. Given that, it is not a high volume call for locating elk. When I ask my hunting buddies how they like it - they don't seem nearly as impressed as I am. My brother has a heck of a time making good elk sounds with a diaphragm, and I might be getting him one for his birthday.

Some have complained that these calls do not have a lanyard and are easy to lose in the woods - I just put mine in my empty front pocket and found it to be handy and easy to access.

Has anyone played with this call? What are your impressions? It certainly is a bit pricey at about twice your usual external reed elk call .

Check them out with this link https://www.reelgamecalls.com/
CurlyTail

First Name: Jim
Last Name: B.

Re: Impressions of Reel Elk Call

Postby Sticknstringer » 04 23, 2018 •  [Post 2]

I have one and I agree it's easy to use. I bought some Phelps reeds to practice with also. I'm getting better with reeds but I will definitely have my reel call with me when I go west.
Sticknstringer